╠ part 5 ╢ the chat

wanda's pov

i headed to the town square with nat and pietro in hopes to find where this 'whitewolf' had disappeared off to. qw had our coms on, so everyone could hear what was going on in case someone needed help.
pietro decided it would be best if we split up, thinking it would look less suspicious. he stayed stationary, sitting in one of the park benches pretending to read a book. white nat and i walked around.

nat seemed very alert, more than usual. i couldn't help but read her mind.

*god, what if one of the others hurts her*

i forgot that i was reading her mind but before i could stop myself i blurted out, "what if who hurts her?"

"did you just read my mind?" she said with disbelief.

"sorry, you seemed nervous and on edge...plus your thoughts were really loud"

"im sorry, its okay" i watched as she typed something into her phone and showed it to me.

*thuen off your coms, i will explain everything to you*

we turn our coms off before as she sighs and says

"i should of told you that i knew whitewolf. we met during my time at the red room"

"when you guys meet?" i questioned nat

"i was maybe 12 and she was 15. she was assigned to train me, the more time we spent together the sooner became close friends. and she eventually helped me pass. must of been easy considering she was youngest ever to graduate at the red room."

"how old was she when she graduated?"

"she was 13..."

"she graduated at 13?! wow thats got to be some sort of record" i said shocked.

"she was the best assassin there was at the time, pretty sure she still is" nat said jokingly. "yeah...she was madame b.'s pride and joy"

"sounds like you look up to her"

she stops in her tracks before saying, "i used to.."

"you..used to?" i question

"hmm, i betrayed her" she states, preventing to make any eye contact.

"what did you do that betrayed her?"

"whitewolf was kidnapped when she was 18, she was taken by hydra and was used as their puppet. being the best assassin of my year group. i was assigned to retrieve and bring back whitewolf and take her back to her the red room. i found the base, and went in. obviously unnoticed, i found the room that they were keeping her. i entered and saw her being tortured, i did nothing about it. i saw her see me out the corner of her eye with desperation. i looked at her for a while before i left. being sent out alone and knowing that the red room wasn't tracking me...i just took my chance and got myself a new life but leaving her behind"

i was still trying to process what she said, "oh natasha...i'm so sorry you had to go through all that. don't worry, we're going to find her and we'll keep her safe. i promise". i saw her starting to tear up, so i gave her a hug.