Sucrose becomes Sucrose

Sucrose was working on something, another day slaving away at the lab, even though it's her day off. She seemed really lost in thought, searching for any lead she could get for her goal. "Hey sucrose! Whatcha got there" Y/N said, surprising her as she flinched and quickly went to hide whatever she was working on. "AH! T...Y/N! Nothing! Uhm... I was just experimenting with something heh....," She said with a low tone at the end, she looked nervous, she was rubbing her hands together, looking everywhere but my face. "Do you need any help, Sucrose?" I asked but she declined my offer with a shake. "No... I..It's alright, I got this. Oh! Look at the time, it's Lunch, you should go eat Y/N," Sucrose said, changing the topic quickly, she ushered me out. "Bye bye Y/N, have a good lunch!" She dismissed me as the door shut. 'Another failed attempt, you could've at least asked her to lunch with you Y/N' Y/N thought as they walked out in shame. 'Maybe I can try to help her with whatever she's working on, as a surprise! Her birthday is coming soon' Y/N thought as he planned out their next attempt. Sucrose was away from her office at this time, she went on a work trip with Albedo to study dragonspine. I headed to her work room and opened the room. It was full of a nice aroma and boards filled with work. Y/N stared at one of the papers that was out... "Wonderland..." they spoke out. A wonderland for her and her childhood friends. they went out without another word, happy with what they found out.

     When Sucrose was back from her trip, Y/N made daily visits to her office, sometimes giving her food. They learned she didn't like mushrooms after giving her a pizza with some mushrooms. They didn't like vegetables either. They also learned that her ears were incredibly soft, one day they were walking into her office and they tripped and sucrose had sacrificed herself to save them on instinct which caused them to accidentally touch her ears. they don't like bothering sucrose, but they do ever so often ask her if they can touch them. It's fun seeing her face go bright red from the touch. They learned new things about her everyday. What she thought about Albedo, her hopes. Years had passed by before they knew it. "I finally finished it!" Y/N heard outside the room. they was about to wait to open the door when suddenly, *Crash*. Y/N quickly reached the door handle and opened it. "Sucrose! Are you al.....," they stopped dead with their words. There was a hole, that inside had a beautiful field of flowers. "Look Y/N! Look what I did!" Sucrose cheered on, tears of happiness forming. Before they knew it, the flowers started turning gray. "Wait! Sucrose!" they screamed out, but it was too late, the thing began sucking her in as sucrose latched onto the sides of it. "W...What's happening?" Sucrose said, confused. "Sucrose! Stay right there... Uhm.... I'll find someone, wait we have no time for that... Uhhh.... Hold onto me!" they instructed her, holding out my arm and holding onto the door frame. "Y/N! I...I don't think I can hold on for much longer, Not even my anemo powers can help," Sucrose said in a panicked state. "It's alright, we'll get you out of there! Just hold on," Y/N said as they tried to find something that might help. "Y/N! Listen to me, I don't think we can do anything right now, there's no one here and even if there was, how would they help us....," Sucrose said, slowly letting go of their hand, but they reached out again and grabbed her wrist. "No! You can't go, not yet, we can work this out can't we?" Y/N said with a disfigured look. With the last of the energy Sucrose had left, she used her anemo powers to push Y/N away, ultimately getting sucked into the void. "Sucrose!" Y/N yelled out one last time as the void closed up, finally catching its prey.

     Y/N was there, stuck in place trying to grab her. they collapsed to the floor onto their knees, their hands brought in front of their hands that caught their tears. "Sucrose...." they repeated as they could hear their heart break. They hoped this was all just a weird dream and he'd be able to wake up and hold her hand one last time, touch her ears one last time. They were like that for almost the whole day, they had to get up since guards were closing up the hall. They fell asleep as soon as their head felt the pillow, not even bothering to shower. Then came the next day, and the next day, and the day after that. Nothing, just nothing.... Albedo had left a letter at their doorstep asking about Sucrose but Y/N couldn't be bothered. Day after day, Y/N stood there, the pain being unbearable. "Tell me why Universe, of all people, it's me...." Y/N asked, gaining no reply but silence. After days of just nothing, they challenged themselves to go outside again, they knew what they were doing was unhealthy, they had much bigger eyebags than before, their eyes were red from crying every day, even the light from their eyes had somewhat gotten clouded by this sad look. They did their hygiene routine and picked a quick pair of clothes to go out in. As they walked out, they finally felt the sun again. They greeted others as they asked how they were doing, concerned from the eyebags. They finally made their way to the headquarters and went in to find Sucrose's room, they still haven't done anything, the room was the same as ever but the aroma was not to be seen, they were investigating a bit, seeing where she had gone. While standing there, a book fell down. Y/N took a rough look at it before they picked it back up. The front was a bit dirty from all the dust piling up. they blew away the dust as the title read 'Sucroses diary! < 3'. How cute Y/N thought. they looked through it, seeing if they could find any memories to reminiscence in.