The Adventures of a Girl with Curious Thoughts

DISCLAIMER:
This is a work of fiction. Names, character, events, places, businesses and incidents are a product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual person, living or dead, or events is purely coincidental.

************

The Adventures of a Girl with Curious Thoughts

The sun is brightly greeting up above, the trees are happily sawying in the wind's motion, grasses are as green as ever and people are laughing as if there's no tomorrow. Children are playing, at the other side, there's a magic performance making both the old and young ones smile as dazzling as they can.

Here comes this girl happily walking bare-footed in the green grasses. Laughing as she feels the grasses tickle her feet. Then she saw another girl in the bench sitting with a problematic face. The girl in the bench is about to burst into tears when she approach her. She looked around and saw that almost everyone was happy except for this girl beside her. Then a realization hit her.

"What makes people happy?" she asked the lady beside her and the lady looked at her with shock painted in her face. "Why all of a sudden little one?" she answered with another question. "It's just that, everyone around is happy, and you look so gloomy." the lady smiled upon seeing the curiousity vividly shown in the little girl's eyes. "You know, a lot of things can make a people happy, even the simplest one." she answered, the little girl nodded in response. "Then if people will be happy even in simplest way, why are you here with such a gloomy aura?" a curve started to form in the lady's lips. The little girl watch intently as the lady answered. "Not all people are happy. Look at them." the lady said pointing at the people who are smiling. "They looked so happy right? But we don't know if what they truly feel is happiness. We don't know if what's shown in their faces are genuine happiness. They might just be pretending to be happy and they have bigger problems deep within." the little girl nodded while scanning the whole place. "Thanks fo letting me know." she said and stood ul ready to leave the place. The lady smiled at her as she replied. "You're welcome, by the way what's your name?" she asked. "I'm the girl with curious thoughts." she said and left the lady smiling.

The girl then traveled to her next destination. Mountain-like buildings, street lights as bright as the sun and cars stuck in the traffic producing noisy sound as if a concert. She was walking on a concrete road, a lot different from the soft grasses she stepped on earlier. Now, all she can feel is the hardness of the road. She was about to pass a restaurant when she saw something that caught her interest, a pair of admirable couple. The couple were in a candlelit dinner, surrounded by men in a suit with their different instruments and therir area was filled with petals of red roses. The girl roamed her eyes in the area as if searching for something until she stops and saw a man who lookes ragged. She approached him who was busy preparing for his sleep. She then sat next to him. She looked at the area once again and saw a groul of people who seems to be friends who just got out of the mall, a family and another couple. And idea popped in her mind. "Sir, what is love?" she asked the man beside her. "Don't be silly child, everybody knows what that word means." the man answered. "I'm sorry sir but I don't exactly know what that word means." the man smiled at her and patted her head. "You know little girl, all people have different definitions of the word love depending on their experiences. But as for me, love is a battlefield." The girl got even more curious. "Why love is a battlefield, sir?" the girl asked again. "It's a battlefield between hearts and minds. Because when a person is in love, it's hard for him or her to determine the difference of right and wrong. And when a situation comes which he or she will be confused in choosing what to follow, the mind that settles what's the best or the heart that can be easily be blinded and fooled. Nevertheless, it's up to tje person to decide as long as they're happy about it." the little girl nodded and smiled to the man as the man smiled back at her as well. "Thank you gor sharing me your knowledge sir." the man smiled in response. "Who are you by the way?" the man asked. "I'm the girl with curious thoughts." she said as she winked at the man and left.

Tap, tap, tap the little girl repeatedly memorized in her mind. One, two, three, step, step, step. Tiny drops of rain are pouring into her. The road is cold and wet. Her feet is now soaked and brown because of the mud that feels so soft. Sh then saw a grandma sitting on a waiting shed. She then approached and sat beside her. Upon scanning the area, she noticed how peacful it is compared to the two places she went. Maybe people aren't going out because of the heavy rain. She saw a family eating dinner in one of the houses. They were happily eating, with a house not big nor small but you could see the contentment in them. Then a bulb of idea hit her. "Grandma, what is a family?" she asked. "Oh child, you don't know what a family is? It's composed of a father, mother and their kids." the little girl twitchedher lips. "Grandma, I know what a family is composed of. What I mean is what exactly a family is." she asked again. The grandma paused for a second as if thinking what to say. "Child, a family is the one who is always there for you especially when you neede them the most, they are your number one supporters, they are the ones who really knows who the real you is and nothing can ever, ever replace them." the grandma answered that made the girl smile widely. "Thanks for giving me this knowledge grandma." she thanked happily. "What's your name child?" asked the grandma. "I'm De-----

"Meine Dame, the food's ready." Phinny's voice made me go back to reality.

"Thanks Phinny, I'll be there in a few." I said. He bowed down and walked away.

That was a strange daydream. It feels so realistic. I looked at the table and all I can see is a mess. Different herbs, feathers, and other ingredients that I used in making the potion.

Hmm maybe I'm just really haungry. Oh well time to grab some food. I went downstairs and enjoyed the food that is served.