0

It was quiet as you sat in front of him. The only sound happened to be the music playing in the background as the conversation had died down. You couldn't discern what the song actually was but it surely was soothing. His eyes stayed focused on you for a while before he looked to the side and brought the crystal wine glass up to his lips, the red liquid soothing his throat as it melted into his body. Humming, he swirled the remaining alcohol in the glass before breaking the silence.

"Are you certain you do not want any?" He looked back over to you as you smiled at him and shook your head. Your legs were crossed as you held onto the papers you had brought over in hopes to find something new but to your surprise, Vyn was not eager to help. It was odd, perhaps something bad had happened? His eyes were slightly hooded and he seemed tired when you had first arrived at his house. Not much has changed, he has been drinking his wine ever since you first came.

"I'm okay, thank you, Dr. Richter." He chuckled softly at the name you had always used for him which made you furrow your brows. Vyn removed his glasses, folding one end by pressing it on his chest before using his thumb to close the other side. He then reached to the coffee table in front of him and set them down. "Dr. Richter?" His golden eyes met yours as he looked at you through his lashes, his head still slightly bent from putting his glasses down. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine." He smiled at you, standing up to go fetch his wine bottle, pouring himself another glass. "Pardon me if I have not been the most entertaining host." He began, walking back to the couch but this time, to the one you were sat on. Your gaze followed his large strides before he sat down on the opposite side of the couch. "This new project with the NXX has been..." He trailed off, the small smirk still playing at the edge of his lips, "...tiring." Finishing the sentence, he gives you a glance before taking another sip.

This is the first time you have ever seen him like this. Vyn is much more relaxed and less calculated like this, you look him over as he loosens that maroon tie of his. "I'm sorry if this is too personal but... you've had a lot to drink tonight." You brought it up, and he simply hummed. "Dr. Richter—"

"Are you worried about me?" He questioned with a playful tone in his voice. You swallowed harshly as he tilted his head to the side with a sly smile. 'Was he always this close?' You look down to see his knee almost touching your thigh. He smelt of rose petals and old books with an almost herbal touch. In short, it was comforting. It was like when you would sit down with a new book, turning the pages as that distinct feeling filled your body.

"A bit." He reached out a hand and stopped just inches before the back of his index and middle finger could touch your cheeks. He scanned your face and when he saw no signs of withdrawal he caressed you ever so lovingly. Your lips slightly parted as your eyes widened, your heart quickening in your chest as he still had that smile on his face.

He hummed, "I worry about you quite a lot." He admitted something he normally would never and your heart skipped a beat. "It is almost as if you are my first thought upon waking up and right before I fall asleep. I always wonder what you are doing." Vyn chuckled and you melted into his touch, "There is just something so captivating about you. Perhaps it is your morals or maybe it is how you always try your best. I frankly cannot figure it out myself. All I do know is that I am enchanted by you." You slowly smile at him and he gives you one back before taking in a deep breath, "I am not drunk if that is what you are thinking. These are my genuine sober thoughts." You were at a loss for words as he confessed to you, you simply moved closer to him so that your legs were now touching. Vyn's hand had slowly moved to your chin, holding it between his thumb and pointer. His face was slightly red, from the alcohol or this moment? Who knows. Maybe both. Definitely both.

It was you who made the next move, silent words being shared before you moved your face to his until you could feel his breath on your nose. Vyn just tilted your head up before closing his eyes and bringing his lips to yours. He gave you a hum of contentment and you smiled into it. Vyn had slowly leaned forwards, knowing he had to put his glass down but he didn't want to ruin this moment so he did it ever so slowly. You barely noticed it until his hand left your face and you felt his body over yours. That was the only moment you separated the kiss, your hands reaching up to twist his tie in your hands as his hair dangled in his face. His usual golden eyes seemed a bit darker, almost honey-like from this angle. He had one hand beside your head and the other beside your waist. You simply chuckled before pulling him down, reuniting him in another kiss. However, this one was much more passionate than the other one.