Go Time

This is your warning for gore

We finished unlocking the cages and got every one into position, we just need to wait a few more minutes.

"Is the coast clear?" Mason asked.

"Not yet," Zack responded, we all held perfectly still for another minute when Zack said, "Now!"

We all made a brake for the garages while some of the other humans made sure we weren't seen, so far so good. As we ran through the city, I looked around at the surveillance cameras around our path, all of them were off, good. When we finally reached the garages, we were greeted by Seth and the others.

"You made it!" He called.

"Now we just need Jason," Zoe said.

"You'll be waiting for a while!" We heard from the door. Looking over, we saw several armed guards, one of which had Jason in handcuffs, it looked like they had been severally beating him.

"Shit," I said.

"We can take 'em!" Mason said, drawing his weapon.

"No we can't," Serah interjected, " our ink has no effect on them."

Mason pressed his lips together as he remembered that fact, "Well fuck," he said.

An older woman stepped forward from the enemy group, the name Karen above her head, because of course her name is Karen. "You have caused quite a bit of trouble haven't you?" She said pointing at me.

"Define trouble!" I said sarcastically.

Karen squinted her eyes at me, "I am in charge of this city and you will give me the respect I deserve!" She raised her voice slightly as she said that.

"Yeah, kidnapping and torture aren't exactly worthy of respect in my book," (A/9) responded. She said exactly what I was thinking.

"You beat me by like a second," I told her.

"No one was talking to you slut!" Karen yelled.

I drew my sword and dashed forward, stopping with my blade about an inch from her throat, "Talk about my girlfriend like that again, and you'll get to see the world from a bug's point of view," I told her.

Karen couldn't speak, she was just gasping, the rest of her team had wide eyes and hanging jaws. I can't say I blame them, I did just move like 60 feet in less than a second. I knew better than to take my eyes off my enemy, but if I had to guess, my side probably had similar expressions.

"So what now boy?" Karen asked, finally regaining her composure.

"You're going to let us all go," I started, we'll leave and you'll  stop abducting people, and just because I'm feeling generous, we'll even give Hank back."

"What's stopping us from just killing you all now?" Karen asked smugly.

"I am," I growled, "If you try to stop us then I'll kill anyone that gets in our way, starting with you."

Karen thout for a moment, and remember I still have sword at her neck, "Fire!" She yelled. I decapitated her in response. Her head hit the ground with a wet thud while her body dropped to its knees and fell forward with a soft splat. The soldiers froze as I staired them down

"Anyone gonna follow that order?" I ask the soldiers as I continued to glair at them. They all looked terrified, some were even shaking.

Just when I thought they were going to back down, one of them screamed and opened fire, I just realized that they all had simi-auto rifles. I flaunted my sword defensively to block the bullets but the one guy was enough to wake up the others, and they all started shooting as well.

I tried my best to deflect all of the projectiles but there were just too many and some managed to connect. It hurt like he'll but I just gritted my teeth and began walking forward. My pace quickened as I focused less on defending myself and more on taking them down, of course that also meant taking more damage.

As I sliced and chopped my way through their ranks, I could hear screaming from both tem and my team, but I kept going. My movements continue to speed up and became more rhythmic, almost like I was dancing, and I couldn't feel the pain anymore. When I finally stopped, I looked around at what I had done; dozens of mutilated corpses all around me, expressions of pure terror frozen on their faces, if that had faces at all. Some were missing fingers, some were missing limbs, and some were cut clean in half. I put my free hand on the back of my head and whispered "Holy fuck." That's when I felt something on top of my head, I grabbed it and staired at the severed finger that had somehow landed on me during the fight. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, tossing the finger to the floor. Then I looked at the rest of my  body, scratches and bullet wounds covered my arms and legs but I had managed to protect my torso and head, some of them already looked like old scares thanks to my self healing skill.

"(Y/N)," I heard from behind me. I turned around to see that most everyone was scared and shaking. "You good bro?" Zack asked me.

I flicked the blood off my blade and sheathed it, "Let's go before more show up," I said, walking to one of the vans. I climbed into the driver seat and called out of the window, "Anyone that can drive, get in a van and load up, we have to move fast." The others started running around getting into position. "Jason," I called, I need to talk to you real quick.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Are you OK? How'd they get you in the first place?" I asked.

"I was slow," Jason answered, "I waited too long and they caught me messing with the equipment. They wanted to know why so they beat it out of me. I'm sorry."

"Hey, I just glad you're all right," I told him, "Hop in, you can ride with me." Jason smiled and nodded, climbing into the passenger side. "Everybody ready?" I yelled.

"YEAH!" They all yelled back.

"Then let's get the hell out of here!" We drove out of the garages and all the way through town in a singing file line making our way through the waterfall and back to Inkopolis. We all stopped in the middle of the square, drawing a crowd and police, but when all of the missing people stepped out the fear turned into joy. Then came the humans, when they stepped out the celebration came to a screeching hault no one spoke at all. Eventually I got tired of it and walked up to (A/9) putting my arm around her and saying, "I told you we could handle this."

She rolled her eyes and leaned into me, responding with, "Yeah, you did." That didn't complete stop the tension, but it definitely eased it a little.

"(A/9)! (Y/N)!" Yelled two familiar voices. We looked over to where they had come from and saw John and Abby running towards us.

"Mom! Dad!" (A/9) yelled and waved them over. The two adults grabbed their daughter and pulled her in tight, crying tears of joy. "I wasn't gone that long." She said.

I tried to step back so they could have their moment, but I was stopped by John grabbing my shoulder. I looked back at him in surprise, but he was smiling at me, "Thank you for keeping her safe." He told me. I relaxed and nodded. That interaction was what finally released the tension between the people of Inkopolis and the humans. I wanted to believe that things were all said and done, but I have a feeling that my adventures in Inkopolis weren't quite over yet.

1316 words. Alright, humans are now in Inkopolis, but the story is not over yet. I still have a few surprises left for you guys. Until then check out my YouTube and other stories. May the item drops forever be in your favor!