The Costly Escape!

Daniels POV
.....................................................................

The leader of my cult had just called me over to tell me about his newest idea. He was my friend, so I always trusted him no matter how scary or uncanny his ideas were. I was walking down the hall when all of the sudden I got a bad feeling. 'all of his plans aren't horrible so.... Why am I getting such a bad feeling abvout this..?'

I stepped into the room and I saw him... What was he doing..? I tapped him on the shoulder. "Oh! Daniel! Are ready to see my new plan?" I just nodded. He was in charge of finding out how to spread word about xemug. He showed me an abnormally sized poster, and I couldn't believe what I saw.

DESTROY LAKE LILAC

"H-how is doing that supposed to help anyone?!?" I said in panic. I remembered the kids, Gwen, and most importantly, that redhead. There was something about him that made me not want to stay away... I couldn't let him get hurt. "If we destroy lake lilac we'll draw attention to ourselves and then we'll say they were close to us so people will feel bad, and start supporting us, and some even joining!" As he said that he had his usual wide smile, but he looked a bit psychotic. It was a great plan, but that isn't the point. "No. You can't. You won't." I told him "What happened to the always on board Daniel? Do you not want to do it because your holding back for them? If so, you know what happens." I thought about it. The feeling I got at that camp made me feel... Happy. "Well then so be it. I won't let you kill my friends." I said. "Your friends? Didn't you try to kill them multiple times?" He laughed. I felt a pang of guilt. I should've left here a long, long time ago.

The next thing I know, he pulled out a gun and shot towards me, making a wound on my arm. "You were never my real friend, I was just using you. You were stupid enough to believe we were friends!" That hurt even more then the wound. I used my other arm to punch him in the face and his nose started to bleed. He walked towards me. "YOU'LL REGRET THIS DANIEL!!" He yelled. He pulled me by the collar of my shirt out into the Forrest. "Good luck, traitor." He walked away. I looked around in awe. I couldn't believe my best friend left me in the forest. I got up and started walking... this'll be a long day....

                      3 hours later

I had walked for 3 hours, and im pretty sure I just went in circles. Well, I was. I looked ahead of me to see the one and only Camp Campbell... They probably won't forgive me, but it's worth a try...

         Daniels friend (Steven) POV

I can't believe he actually did that to me. Not that I cared about him or even needed him. Even with that, I wanted revenge. How could he choose people he didn't even KNOW over me, his 'friend' of 5 years! I decided to make an announcement over the mic.

ATTENTION. IT APPEARS WE HAVE A TRAITOR THAT GOES BY THE NAME OF DAVID. IF ANYONE SEES HIM, RETURN HIM TO ME IMMEDIATELY. THANK YOU.

He'll never get away alive...

......................................................................
A/N
I know, I suck at writing 😭
Thank you so much for reading this! I've been trying to write this for a while but I was scared I'd stop in the middle of writing this due to demotivation, but I think I'll be able to finish this!

THANK YOU!! <3