01| 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝑩𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒈, 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆.

March 4, 2028
Hope's POV

Mom and dad agreed to consider the Salvatore Boarding School for me. Aunt Freya got as an appointment on Monday. I'm giddy with excitement. All my life, I've been homeschool. I never got to make friends, have play-dates, go to parks, movie nights etc. Instead, I got ancient family members resurrecting every now and then, trying to kill me and my family.

This is our fresh start. Our family's first proper chance in a thousand years, to find peace and settle down together.
First time in Forever. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a good feeling about all of this, as if everything will finally fall into place for all of us, in one way or another.

With that thought, I walk to Aunt Davina's room to spend some time together, since we're both usually sitting around, bored and with nothing to do.

"Hey Aunt Dav, what're you up to?" I ask as I walk over and sit next to her on the floor.

I see a lot of old, dusty boxes scrammed in front of her, and one particular box catches my eye. The Box is labelled- The Mikaelson Ball.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆

The Mikaelson Ball. I've heard about this from Uncle Elijah and Aunt Bekah. Uncle Kol wouldn't shut up about how this is where he met his best friend and about how beautiful she looked that night, although he always avoided mentioning her name, so I wonder if I'll find pictures of her here.

With that thought, I open the box and the first thing that catches my eye is a beautiful bracelet with a single diamond in the center and a pendant with a K engraved on it.

"Hey, that's so pretty. And looks expensive. Can't believe they just left it here with the junk," Davina says, looking at the bracelet that I was now holding up.

"Yeah it's beautiful. Think I could keep it? Maybe I should ask mom first," I reply.

"I'm sure she'll say yes. Besides it was just lying around here anyways."

"Yep, guess you're right," I say, setting the bracelet on the bed and looking back at the box.

The box is filled with pictures from that night. Everything looked so magical that night and everyone looked like royals. I notice a recurring face in many of the family pictures. It's a brunette with beautiful dark brown eyes. She is wearing an extravagant black gown with a scoop neckline, the straps decorated into shapes of flowers. I have no doubt she was definitely one of the prettiest person present that night.

I see a photo of a Dad, Uncle Kol, Uncle Elijah and Aunt Bekah with the mystery lady.