Chapter 1

Why?
Why did it have to be me?
I was 6, barely, it was my birthday today.
It was supposed to be fun.
It was supposed to be MY DAY!
Why? Why did I have to ask?
Why did I care that I didn’t have a dad?
Why that I care that I had only a mom?
Why did I care?
Why did I care?!
“WHY DID I CARE?!”

“Shit, I hope I didn’t wake mom, she has work tomorrow.” Izuku said in a whisper.
His mom worked so hard. She’s a mid-wife, that’s how he met my dad I guess, that's what Auntie said. My dad came in hurt, she was on shift, my dad's case was given to my mom and, the rest is history. My dad isn’t my really dad, he's just my father. He left me and my mom, he didn't want a quirkless kid to diminish his hero name. So he left to America, sent my mom divorce papers in the mail and he pays child support and never visits.

“Wow, kind of a crappy way to end my 14th birthday isn’t it?”. Izuku said to himself.
It was after school on an July day, the day that was supposed to be a good day, Izuku whispers to himself, “I just have the worse luck with birthdays, don’t I?”.
The words still rung though Izuku's ears "take a swan dive off the roof of the bbuilding", it was a temptation, the only thing they could hear.
And he fell for the temptation, just like he was about to of the roof top of the building All Might told him that a powerless kid like him could never be a hero. But this time, he wasn't dropped up there by his favorite hero.

They had walked up the stairs, coming right back to where all his dreams were crushed. In reality they had been breaking for years and years, but it was the final straw. It was the last feather that tipped the scale. He thought it would be poetic to end it here.

He pulled the note out of his backpack that he had been perfecting for years.

"F-fuck, kind of funny isn't it?" He said in a voice bearly audible, even to him as the Summer breeze picks up a bit. He looked at the sky, like it held all the answers of the world. "It starts with one hero wanting a son with a strong quirk, but he was given a little, quirkless girl; and it ends with a trans teen boy just wanting to be a hero"

His mind went back to the current task at hand. "Is this really the end?" Izuku asked himself as the mellow wind blew though his tangled hair.
With every gust he grabbed to the rail a bit more making his knuckles go a bit more white every time. 'Let go' he told himself 'CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT YOU SHITTY NERD??'
"That's right, if I fail, he will get mad, I can't have him doing that now, he's so close to becoming a hero" Izuku said to himself.
"Kacchan needs to become a hero that will save everyone Izuku spoke to himself as his grip on the railing had loosened allowing him to sit on the edge. 'I can see UA from here' he thought as he realized he could see the hero school of his dreams, for a moment he felt like everything was right in the world.

A feeling that had not been there since before he was 6, before he knew about his dad, before Bakugo started to make his bullying physical, before all of that.

He sat there for a bit, just letting his legs sway in the wind. They were calm, at peace even.

Not having to look over your shoulder so you won't be killed can take a lot of weight of your chest, I guess.

He checked his phone '5:48' "Dinner is soon, I guess I should get going".
But he decided otherwise and texted his mom that he would not be home in time for dinner so just eat without him.
He liked it up on this roof. This is his roof, somewhere he was safe. A safe place for him. "I'm going to come here more often if I live through this".
He stayed up there four hours, at one point though out the night texting his mom 'Studying ran long, so I'll stay the night at my friends'
He's now moved away from the edge, enjoying his own company.
He had left the top of the roof top for a little while to get a sandwich, fruit, and a soda only to return to the roof top to eat and drink his dinner.
It was nice, the city was below him so he could see the stars well, and it was just breezy enough for his hair to sway a little bit.
The sandwich was a 7/11 egg salad sandwich with a small package of pineapple and grapes. And for the soda? He didn't get his usual 'ALL MIGHT COLA', he got himself a normal Pepsi.

It was nice.

It was calm.

It was safe.

It was a few hours later, around 1am, Izuku didn’t know, his phone had died a while ago.
What Bakugo had said still rung though his head. "take a swan dive off the roof of the building".
Izuku looked to the edge he had been standing on hours ago. “Maybe it's time-“
His thoughts were cut off by a grumpy man, looking like he was in his mid to early 30's, he was very tall, at least 6’. He also had a bit of peach fuzz on his chin, homeless looking but at the same time not.
"Don't kid, it's not worth it, you’re what, 13?" The grumpy man said.
"15, thank you very much" Izuku said with a shit eating grin, he didn't care if he got in trouble; he was going to be dead in a few hours.
"I don't care, just don't jump" the tall man said.
"ok, ok, I get it", Izuku said.
Izuku hung out with the scruffy man for a while, eventually finding out it was the underground hero Eraserhead, it was nice, but Eraserhead said something about 'having to get back to patrol'.

It was about 4 am now, and Akuji hadn’t slept a wink.
He when to the gas station, again, to get breakfast before returning to the roof top. About an hour later he was sitting on the edge finishing the last of his food and the sun came up. For breakfast he had had two (2) bacon, egg, and cheese burritos and an Iced coffee.

Izuku sat on the edge and then looked at the food "This is really about to be my final meal? God it sucks".
Izuku finished, wiped his mouth making sure there was no food, he took a deep breath and then?
Izuku fell.

Shit shit shit shit shit this is not how I thought this would feel’ Izukus mind screamed. They were falling, the wind was pull at the knots in his curly, forest green, hair. The wind was so loud in his ears, and it dried his eyes out more than that crying he had done the night before. This is all he wanted a few hours ago, but now that he was in the air actually falling, he hated it. ‘Fuck fuck fuck fuck’ His mind continued to scream.

Izuku’s thoughts where running 1000 miles an a second, yet everything was so slow. ‘I don’t want to die, not now’ Izuku's mind was starting to go quiet when he finely realized ‘I’m going to die’. Izuku’s mind started running again, ‘God why, I just wanted to be a hero, I NEEDED to be a hero’. ‘MY MOM! She’s going to be heartbroken! Oh my god why’.

His mind just keeping running faster and faster.
His life began to flash though his eyes. Memories of playing hero with Kacchan and his mom, the first time Kacchan’s bullying got physical, being scolded by his teachers for doing nothing wrong, the memories of dinners that were so awkward he wanted to throw up because him and Bakugo had to act like he liked Izuku and when Izuku had to pretend that there were not new burns forming over the scars of old one’s under the turtleneck he wore in July, talking with Eraserhead just hours before. What he wouldn’t give to be in any of those moments right now.

Izuku thought as they were getting closer and closer to the ground, everything in slow motion. Everything so slow yet so fast. ‘Shit shit shit’ They could see the cracks in the side walk, ‘Please God wh-‘, he hit the ground.

" N-nerd? "
...
"Hey, nerd this isn't funny"
...
"Nerd? "
...
"Deku?"
...
"Deku!"
...
" Midoriya...? "
...
" Izuku?"

"Izuku...!"

Bakigo runs over to the body realizing this isn't a joke as he screamed louder than he had ever screamed before "SOMEONE! CALL AN AMBULANCE"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Word count: 1517
-----------
Hi! I rewrote the work I did a while ago, it sucks but the fiction is my baby and I might keep it going now. I'm also thinking of starting a a Vigilante fic.