Morning Sunshine

Rays of light slips through the blinds, splashing onto y/n's eyes. Her face scrunches as the sunshine asked her from slumber. The bed feels so plush, it was hard to get herself to at least sit up. She lets her eyes adjusts to the surroundings.

"Oh", is all she could mustard up once she realized she was not home. Rengoku was no where in sight. She noticed that inside of the bed was folded and tucked with the pillows adjusted just right. She notice towards the end of the bed her clothes were folded and there seems to be a white t-shirt with a pair of boxers. "I guess that would work." She thought to herself. She slugged herself off the bed and trudged into the bathroom. Looking at herself in the mirror she could she pats out with her makeup on. "Ah fuck me, acne here I come" She decided to take a quick steamy shower to wash the night away. After getting out she throws on the clothes he left out for her. Looking in the mirror she found herself giddy with joy wearing his over sized clothes. Turning around, she lifted up the shirt to check herself out. "These fit my big butt?" She chuckled to herself. 

"You can keep them if you like haha!" She would have jumped into the air if her legs weren't abit sore from last night. She turned around to see him in a pair of black sweatpants with a soft warm colored sweater leaning against the door frame leading to the kitchen. She turned away and fixed the shirt quickly.

"You could have knocked ya know.." she said with a huff to follow. Y/n crossed her arms and stuck her know in the air. "...but thank you for the comfy clothes." She didn't want to seem ungrateful just because she was embarrassed.

Rengoku walked up behind her and planted his hands her shoulders. He pressed his thumbs onto her shoulder blades and made small firm circles. Y/n's arms relaxed a bit. She looked at her self for a moment. His  eyebrows furrowed a bit trying to read her expression. He his head down a bit to join her gaze with the mirror. He spoke in a low tone gently into her ear. "You know if you stare into the sun to long you could go blind." Y/n let out a small sound of amusement. A smile began to form on her lips. He gives her a peck on her cheek. He whispers y/n's name into her right ear as his hands glide down her arm. "Mmm sunshine." He murmured. Her body began to relax more and her face softened.

Once to her waist Rengoku surprised her a squirm of fingers attacking her sides. "BAHAHAHAA NO PLEASE HAHA!!!" She exclaimed hysterically laughing while trying to break free.

"HAHA That's my girl!" Rengoku laugh was one to hear. It could make even those with sadness crack a smile. After a minute he stopped his attack and turned her around to face him directly. (Wait did he call me his girl?)

"Ooo you so owe me for tickling me like that", she whimpered. "You know that's my weak spot!" She couldn't be mad at him since his plan worked after all. All her worries washed away in a instant with his help.

"Well just in time because, I have made breakfast for us!" He boomed. Rengoku wasn't much of a cook but, he was very proud of his eggs, sausage, and pancakes. (He'll even make it for dinner if he didn't order actually food.) The two of you walk to the kitchen island where Rengoku has set the meal for you both.

"Oh Kyojuro ya didn't have to do this for me." Y/n said sincerely.

"Why not? You said it yourself, you were off today.  Why not just enjoy breakfast with me for a bit? I can take you home afterwards!" He replied. Y/n nodded and took a seat in the high bar stool along the kitchen island.

——
both were enjoying the meal fairly quietly with a bit of awkward small talk. All the courage from last night is depleted of course but, his air made her feel content. "Y/n may I ask you something?" His tone didn't change so, it was hard to tell if she should be worried or not.

"Uh sure haha we are talking after all" she spoke nervously.

"Last night was amazing! Do your bod-"

"Cut to the chase PLEASE" y/n almost choked on her orange juice.

He laughed of course. "I apologize sunshine! I wanted to ask if maybe...we could start going steady?"

"St-steady? Like date me?" She asked even tho her heart immediately wanted to say yes.

" Well of course. Though we have not know each other for long, what I have learned about you is that you are an exceptional, kind, and bountiful woman I would love to spend time with...if you allow it of course." He explained.

It has been over a year since her last heart break. She  took another sip from her orange juice. She took a moment of thought before sharing her eyes with him. " I I don't see why not," she mumbled. "If you will have me I would love to get to know you more as well!" Y/n answered.

"WONDERFUL!" Rengoku exclaimed. This made y/n jump a little.

She chuckled. "Haha we are going to lay some ground rules about your volume."

"Oh? I would shout y/n a cross the city!" He proclaimed. His eyes shine so bright, y/n feels like he may have been right about going blind.

"Kyo... your staring to deep into my soul." Her smile is warm and heart feels full with excitement.

Rengoku leans over to meet her lips. "I'm happy to share many moments with you," he speaks in a low gentle tone, "My sunshine."