•OS•

"Nahi chahiye ek aur Ishwari- Dev mujhe!"

He stood there. Looking at his wife going into their room while her words kept ringing in his ears like a siren.

Once again, the rift between his mother and wife has started. But like a loyal son, Dev comforted his mother and decided to talk to Sonakshi.

Sonakshi.

Sonakshi Dixit.

She was tired of putting a mask of bravery for everyone. She was tired of being called an irresponsible mother by her mother in- law. She was tired of being held responsible for Soha's misbehavior with Ayush.

Sonakshi Bose- Dixit was just tired from all of this.

The moment she was on her way to their room, she let her tears fall. The exhaustion and mental stress taking a toll on her.

Why? Why does society always keeps blaming the woman for anything that her child does wrong?

She closed the door and slipped down, leaning on it. The sobs which were threatening to come out, finally found its way and Sonakshi broke down.

"Sonakshi..." Dev tried to open the door but felt as if someone is pushing it from the other side.

"D-Dev, p-please! A-Abhi nahi..." She stammered and Dev knew she has been crying.

"Sona? Please let me come inside." He said with concern.

"Kya kar loge Dev?" She asked in a whisper as she opened the door but didn't let him in. His heart pricked looking at her tear stricken face.

"Mai samjhna chahta hu Sonakshi." He said and Sonakshi chucked sadly.

"Kitni baar samjha ne ki koshish ki thi mai, phir aaj kyu samjhna chahte ho?" She asked.

"Kyu ki tum ne aaj pehli baar maa se aise baat ki." He said and Sonakshi sighed. She moved aside and sat on the bed, Dev came inside closing the door and sat beside her.

"Aaj phir tum apni maa ke wajah se samjhna chahte ho. Bina kuch jaane, you just want to understand why I said what I said." She said.

"Sonakshi...." He didn't know what to say, she was right after all. He wouldn't have asked her anything if he hadn't heard her talk with Ishwari. Yet he came to ask because he felt bad for his mother.

"Dev, don't you think the history is repeating itself?" She looked at him sadly and his eyes widened in shock.

"Kya kehna chahti ho?" He asked in a low voice.

"Yahi ki tumhe tumhari maa ki takleef dikh gayi aur meri? Meri takleef tumhe phir nahi dikhi unke saamne." She said. Her heart getting heavy and her eyes letting the tears flow. 

"Sonakshi, yeh tum kya keh rahi ho?" He couldn't believe that Sonakshi, his Sona is saying all of this.

"Mai maa ke khilaaf kuch nahi keh rahi..."

"Toh?" She sighed and decided to tell him everything that been in her heart for a long time now.

"Mai thak gayi hu Dev. I am tired of being called an irresponsible mother who couldn't even identify her own child. I am tired of being accused for Soha's behavior. I am just tired." She said and broke down once again.

Dev understood.

He replayed the recent happenings in his mind and found his mother always accusing Sonakshi.

"I am sorry." He took her in his arms while she cried more.

"What can I do for you? Just tell me." He said pulling a bit away from her and wiping her face.

"J-Just be there for me! Please, I miss you so much Dev. I miss you so very much." She said with a longing in her eyes and Dev realized that it's been a very long time since they had talked to each other heartily.

His eyes warmed up and he placed his lips on her soft ones. Sonakshi's eyes closed automatically as she kissed him back. The kiss was slow but the urgency in it was visible.

"I love you so much!" Dev said as they broke apart but their forehead joined.

"I love you so much too." Sonakshi said and hugged him, resting her head on his chest.

He pulled her closer to him as much as possible and caressed her hair.

"Kya hua Sonakshi?" He asked after a while and Sonakshi knew what Dev was referring to.

"Maa ne Soha ko Vicky- Elena ke ghar bhej diya so that I can focus more on Ayush." Sonakshi sighed and continued.

"Dev, ek haath toh hum nahi kaat sakte na taaki dusra hath zyaada strong ho jaaye?" She asked, her voice low.

"Kabhi nahi, Soha humari princess hai aur humesha rahegi." Dev said kissing her hairs.

"Maa chahti hai ki mai Soha par haath uthau agar usse kuch samajh na aaye, bacchi hai woh meri. A-Aise kaise h-haath utha du?" Sonakshi said, her voice breaking.

Dev was shocked to hear that his mother wants to slap his daughter for not understanding.

"Nahi! Koi Soha pe haath nahi uthaayega." Dev said, the possessiveness of a father awakening.

"I know, tum aur mai hai na usse har chiz se protect karne ke liye." Sonakshi smiled.

"Dev...."

"Hmm?"

"Mai Ayush ki taraf kadam badha rahi hu, mai usse samajh ne ki koshish kar rahi hu. Lekin jab usse dara hua dekhti hu toh mann karta hai ki usse apne gale se laga ke rakhu aur kahi nahi jaane du." Sonakshi said.

"Toh tumhe yeh kar ne se kya rokta hai Sonakshi?" Dev asked. He was happy that she is emotionally invested in Ayush.

"Soha. Tumhe pata hai Soha ne mujhse kitni baar kaha hai ki ab koi uss par dhyaan nahi deta, koi usse pyaar nahi karta. Jaise- jaise woh iss ghar ki beti ho hi nahi. Woh apne hi ghar mein stranger jaisa feel kar ne lagi hai." Sonakshi told him about their daughter's insecurities.

That's when Dev realized how Ishwari has been abandoning Suhana after Ayush came. For the first time in the past few days he realized that his wife's insecurities about their princess was correct from all the point of view.

"Mai sab theek kar duga, don't worry." Dev said kissing her forehead.

"I know you will, but mai chaahti hu hum dono saath mein sab theek kare. I don't want you to burden yourself." Sonakshi said and after so many years Dev felt relieved.

'The man of the family.'

That's how everyone has seen Dev as and he himself too. But he was forgetting that if he is 'the man of the family' then Sonakshi was 'the woman of the family.'

In the past they had promised each other to share the responsibilities equally, that they are one and tackle all the hurdles together. But once again, their work life made them forget about their personal life.

And this time Dev promised himself to never emerge himself in work that much that he will forget about his family.

"I love you!" Dev said with a smile.

"I love you more!" Sonakshi chuckled and Dev kissed her lips softly. Everything was now going to be fine. Of course it have to! Their love for each other is greater than anything making them tackle the situation together.