Chapter 1

It's the first day of elementary school for one new student. The Teacher stands up from his desk, and starts an introduction of the new student.

Teacher: Class, today we have a new friend today, Come in.

The door slides open, as the student walks inside the class, with the entire class looking at the new student. A boy with black short hair and pretty bright sky blue eyes. The boy walks to the side of teachers desk, looking nervous and confident at the same time.

The Boy: Hi everyone, I'm Osui Kaito. It's very nice to meet you, I hope we can be friends.

As Kaito shyly introduces himself, looking at the classroom. While everyone stares at him, building more nerves in Kaito, but he tries to stay calm and confident.

Teacher: Alright Osui, go sit right next to Miss Nishimiya.

The teacher points to an empty seat next to a girl with light brown hair

The teacher points to an empty seat next to a girl with light brown hair. As he takes his seat, Kaito feels someone gently poke him on his left shoulder. He turns his head looking at the girl, she shows her notebook to him.

Shouko's Notebook: Hello! I'm Shouko Nishimiya and I hope we can be good friends. Please use this notebook to communicate with me, because you see, I can't hear.

Kaito looked at her with a shocked face, he could only feel sadness for her. She wrote in her notebook again.

Shouko's Notebook: What's wrong? Are you ok?

Looking back at the notebook, then looks at her face. Kaito just gives her a smile. He then motions her for her notebook.

Kaito: I'd love to be your friend, Miss Nishimiya.

She smiles back at him, Nishimiya looking so innocent. Kaito hands back her notebook, as she writes on again.

Shouko's Notebook: I'm so happy.

The Teacher yells out to everyone to stop talking, that class is about to start.

Later. When it was free time, everyone came over to Kaito and started to introduce themselves with also asking him questions. They're all so nice to him.

Kaito in his head: I think every one wants to be my friend now.

Kaito starting talking to two girls named Miki Kawai and Naoka Ueno.