The Hive

Me and Carly go back to the hive, being swept back by the harsh wind blowing constantly at our wings. We barely made it back, we got set in a bed to rest. I wake up to Carly crying, holding her stinger. I gasped and looked at mine, it was fine, she looked up at me and gave a 'im fine' smile.

'Carley, your stinger...' I said, buzzing closer, 'It's off!' I shout.

Most of the bees in the hive were buzzing towards us, i looked at Carley, she looked mad. I gave an awkward smile, and got pushed down onto some stinky honey. I blacked out, hearing screams of the others.

I heard some words, not that clear, but i worked out what they said, 'The wasps!' one shouted, hitting its face on a honey comb, 'There, THERE! HIDE!' Another said, buzzing about the place.

I awoke, again. In a cage, I dont know where. I looked around, trying to get a grip of whats going on. I buzz up, hitting my head on something. It was a brick, put on top of my cage. I could see othher bees, some had died, some were beaten and some were dying. I shiver, a cold breeze hovers down my back. The cage was colder than stone, harder than a rock.

'Gerald! I said keep the bees alive!' Some one shouted, it came from a small, dark little pipe in the floor.

'I tried, some were fighting back!' a shout came from another pipe.

I stared at the other cages, I saw Carley, she was dead, life less, her stinger still in her hand. I felt a tear drop down my face and i sat down, and rubbed my eyes. A few moments later, a humongus wasp came, opening the cages with the dead bees in it. I quickly realised why i was here.