Chapter Nineteen

That day and the next few days, work was a relief to Dean. It was something he could put all his time and energy into, something to distract from the world outside of the one they were building. Castiel was helping, too. He kept checking in on Dean and giving him reassuring smiles between takes. The change was sudden from what they were before Jess died, but Dean found that he hardly minded. Despite his best efforts, he caught himself laughing along at his jokes and grinning back at him.

A few days after he got back, they decided to do another day of action sequence shooting, and he was prepared to have the time of his life again. After getting hair and makeup on, he headed out to the main shooting area. Finding the stunt coordinator was pretty easy when she was surrounded by stunt gear. Giving a small snort and just how much she had, he walked up to her to get the rundown. His grin only got bigger with each part of the plan she explained to him. Today would be a good day.

Castiel drifted out moments later, and Dean turned to him with a wicked grin on his face. Immediately, Cas quirked an eyebrow, walking a bit slower as he approached Dean.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked, narrowing his eyes slightly. Dean chuckled, shaking his head.

"Because, my dear friend, today is the day we do the stunt sequence that leads into the sex scene. Which means..." he trailed off, watching as Cas's eyes got wider and then moved to give Dean the same sharp, wicked look.

"Which means that we're shooting that very soon," he finished, laughing at the face Dean made. "Well, at least it won't be uncomfortable to shoot it."

Dean actually did snort at that, turning away to try to curb his laughter. It didn't work, because Cas was wiggling his eyebrows at him when he turned back around. A cackle pulled itself from Dean, and they ended up laughing until they were in tears. Finally, the stunt coordinator had had enough of their shit, smacking them both on the back and pointing to the pile of gear.

"Get your shit on," she said, a slight European accent in her voice. "We've gotta get going if we want all of this done today."

Pulling it together, they did actually grab the gear they had been instructed to get. As it turned out, they were doing fight choreography first, which would hopefully only take an hour so they could get to shooting. It wasn't surprising, really. Dean had just expected fight choreo to be before the actual day of shooting instead of on it. Whatever, more fun fuck it up hilariously and then shoot it seriously all in one day.

The big fight scene between Dean's character and Cas's is what immediately lead to the sex scene of the movie. It was... hilariously accurate to the actors playing the characters. Dean had to bite back a grin at that thought.

Castiel was across from him, the stunt coordinator instructing them both. They'd be on wires for some of it for crashing through shit, but it would mostly be a basic fight scene. Most of their training would be the weapons handling and memorizing the moves. She talked them through it slowly, showing their moves, and then had them do as she had. Within half an hour, they both knew their individual moves. It was just the pairing of them in the actual fight then.

Giving them the okay to try the mock fight, the stunt coordinator stepped back, crossing her arms over her chest. Dean turned his head to Cas, shooting him a grin and getting one right back. They got in their starting positions, waiting.

"And... go!" The stunt coordinator called out.

Immediately, they went for it. It was going surprisingly well, and Dean hadn't accidentally hit Castiel yet. Weirdly enough, they managed to get to the end of it without dying rather effectively. The stunt coordinator seemed impressed, nodding.