04| 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑪𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔

Kaitlyn's POV
March 15, 2028

The past few weeks have been running smoothly for all of us. There has been minimal interactions with the Mikaelsons, except for Kol along with Davina and Freya, whom I've learned to like quite a lot lately. After one of our teachers had an accident with Hellfire, Alaric and I decided to let him off for a while.
When I was hanging out at the Grill with Kol, Davina and Freya, it slipped out that we were looking for a temporary, substitute teacher for one of our magic classes. Freya immediately sounded interested and decided to sit for an interview the very next day. No doubt she got the job. She's more than qualified to. So for the past week, Freya has been a substitute teacher at our school, teaching a magic class to the seniors.

I've been knee deep in work for school and simultaneously chasings leads for the twins as their birthday is fast-approaching. After the twins' birthday, I'm taking a trip to Italy with Caroline, for another promising lead we found. But for now, my main priority is planning the perfect 'Sweet Sixteen' party for my girls.
I've already requested the mayor to let us have the party at the Town Hall.

I hear a knock on my office door and look up to see Ric walk in.
"Hey, you done here? We should head home soon if we want to make it to our own daughters' party," he jokes.
"Yeah, I'm done. You go ahead, I'll meet you in the car," I tell him as he nods and leaves.
I grab some paperwork that I need to sort through at home later and head towards the car.

On the way out, I run into Freya.
"Oh hey, Freya, how's it going?" I greet her.
She gives me the charming Mikaelson smile, "it's going great. I love spending time with these curious minds," she replies.
"Good to know it's not becoming too much of a bother for you."
"Oh please, it's anything but a bother. You're heading out early today," she states.
"Oh yeah, it's the twins' birthday so I need to go ensure everything's running smoothly for the party. You should totally stop by," I tell her, "the twins would appreciate it."
"I'll try," she tells me with one final smile as she walks back to her class and I get into Ric's car and drive off.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆
It's 4 in the afternoon when I reach the Town Hall to recheck the decorations one last time. The girls' friends convinced Ric to participate in a performance they prepared for them. They even convinced Ryan and Madeline to participate, somehow.
I was fixing some flower vases when my phone starts ringing. I check to see it's Lizzie.

"Hey sweety,"
"Hey mom, are you done with the decorations? We want to head there soon," Lizzie tells me.
I look around the hall once before replying, "yeah sure, head on over."

Soon, all the guests are here and so far, everything looks perfect

Soon, all the guests are here and so far, everything looks perfect. We decided to go with a blue, sort of old-decade party theme for the party, upon Lizzie's request.
We turned off all the lights and waited in our spots for Ryan to bring the girls inside.

As the door opens and they walk in, we all shout out, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
Soon, the party is in full swing and the girls look as happy as ever, as they dance along with their friends.

As the door opens and they walk in, we all shout out, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"Soon, the party is in full swing and the girls look as happy as ever, as they dance along with their friends