Chapter 7

"horror movie night"

"Cal."

The woman on the screen called.

Isobelle sank into her seat, knowing that at any moment in the film something would come out of nowhere, giving everyone a big scare, which was exactly the point of the horror movie night.

She was sitting next to Frederic, who was concentrating on the screen, on his other side was Wilhelm, who looked rather distracted, his attention focused on the boy next to him, Simon.

Isobelle had noticed almost immediately, and couldn't help but smile at her brother's nervousness.

She decided to turn her attention back to the film when she heard voices behind her, a group of girls were giggling and whispering in the back of the room, one of them tapping Frederic on the shoulder, who just smiled at them.

Isobelle tried not to make a big deal out of it, but she wasn't sure if it was working.

She apparently wasn't good at hiding it, because to Frederic, her discomfort was visible. He slipped one of his arms around Isobelle's shoulders, pulling her closer to him.

Isobelle felt her cheeks heat up and was thankful it was dark, otherwise the blush on her cheeks would have been miles away.

"You call this a scary movie?" August said with superiority.

"Shut up." A girl told him.

The man in the movie yelled, causing almost everyone, including Isobelle, to jump in fright. Frederic laughed at her reaction and she just rolled her eyes.

"Come on." August commented again, and Isobelle sighed annoyed. "You can't be scared for real, it's..."

"Could you stop ruining the film? Nobody asked yo to come. Feel free to leave if you want." A blonde girl spat at him.

"Stella, stop being so uptight." Another boy talked.

"Just be quiet!" She responded.

"I just slipped." The man on the screen yelled.

Isobelle shook her head slightly in denial, she was annoyed with August and his superior attitude.

And her resentment towards him had worsened after Wilhelm had told her how he had confronted him that night after the match.

Frederic noticed her bad mood and leaned closer to whisper something in her ear.

"Let's leave." His voice sending shivers down the girl's spine.

"Yes please." She said tired of having to be in the same room as her second cousin.

Isobelle was the first to stand up, pushing her way through the cushions and blankets, once she managed to get out, she stood waiting for the boy, who seconds after her, came out, drawing the attention of the people in the room, who began to murmur and draw their own conclusions.