Chapter 8

"piano lessons"

Frederic and Isobelle were sitting at one of the tables outside the music room, from which a melancholic melody was coming out

Wilhelm was about to sit down with his sister when he heard the music, and not before greeting her with a kiss on the forehead, he entered the room.

The couple looked at each other in complicity, both having noticed the mutual attraction between Wilhelm and Simon and the tension that surrounded them whenever they were together.

"Do you think they will ever realize?" Frederic wondered.

"I don't know, I hope so though. My brother can be a little bit... dumb sometimes." She giggled.

The girl leaned back in her chair, trying to see what was going on between the two boys sitting in front of the piano.

"Give them privacy." Frederic laughed.

"Oh shut up."

Frederic rolled his eyes at the girl and her curiosity, and proceeded to kick her lightly under the table.

"Ouch!" She hissed in pain. "Are you crazy?"

"No, you are! Stop spying on them." He told her.

"I'm not spying, I'm just making sure everything goes alright."

Isobelle stuck her tongue out at him.

"You are unbelievable." He sighed.

"Why thank you! I take that as a compliment." She shrugged simply.

Frederic was about to speak again when Simon almost ran out of the room.

The pair looked at each other, both confused, as only seconds before everything had been fine.

Wilhelm came out of the room a while later, looking a little strange.

"Wille, what happened?" She asked, grabbing his arm to stop him from walking away.

"Uh... nothing. Long story." He responded quickly.

"I have time." She smiled.

"I'll tell you later." And with that he walked away.

Isobelle sighed in frustration, she hated seeing her brother so troubled.

"He will be fine, he will tell you when he's ready to."
Frederick assured her, crouching down next to her.

"Yeah, I know." She smiled, and something in her head clicked. "You know what will cheer me up?"