05| 𝑺𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔

30th March, 2028
Kaitlyn's POV

The last two weeks, me and Caroline went all over Italy to look for this Mercury Coven who, apparently, had a merge ritual for their siphoner wiches, as well. We talked to them, basically pleaded them to offer us a solution but they didn't have one. They told us they stopped the ritual after this one mother killed her two sets of twins because she didn't want them to have to survive with the guilt of killing their siblings, like she had to. After that, the bloodline gradually died out with her and they instated new laws and rituals instead.

With no solution at hand, once again, I head back to Mystic Falls as Caroline joins Bonnie and Enzo on their trip to Japan.
Alaric told me Hope has been staying at our place for the past week now and yesterday, Klaus texted me as well.

I just know there's chaos waiting for me at home.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆
As I park outside my house, I see Hope slamming the door on Klaus' face and the look on his face looks like he was ready to tear off someone's head now. I walk up to him and place my hand on his shoulder. He immediately grabs my wrist and turns me around to hold me in a chokehold.

"Woah woah woah, It's me," I say as I struggle to breathe.
He let's go as soon as he realizes it's me. I rub my neck and let out a cough.
"What happened?" I ask him.
"What happened doesn't matter anymore. What matters it what's going to happen now and before you ask, yes, someone's going to end up dead," he tells me emotionally.
"Okay look, calm down and let's talk about this," I try to reach for his arms but he moves them away.
"There's nothing to talk about," he snarls angrily.
"Klaus, please just calm down for a second and tell me what happened. We can calmly talk about this, okay? Please just..." I grab his hand and he looks up at me as his eyes soften, "let's go to the Grill or something and we can sit down and talk about whatever got you so riled up, okay?"
He slowly nods as I pull him away from the front door and into my car.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆
By the time we get to the Grill, Klaus looks visibly calmer than earlier. We go inside and get ourselves a booth as I order the weekly special for us both.
After I'm done ordering, I turn to Klaus, "okay, now tell me what happened," I tell him.
"It's Hope. Do you know she's been staying at your place for the past week?" he questions back.
"Yeah, Ric told me yesterday. Is that what you're mad about?" I ask him.
He shakes his head, "no she's been there because of a fight she had with her mother," he tells me.
"Oh, and you're trying to play good cop?" I ask with a mock-smile.
He rolls his eyes at me, "no I just got her out of school and dragged her to your place to pack her bag and go home with me," he grumbles.
"And do you think it was the right thing for you to do?" I counter him with a raised brow.
"Look, stop with the therapist-like counter questions. What did you want me to do?" he asks as he throws his arms up in frustration.
"Maybe sit down and calmly talk to her about what the problem was?"

"Easier said than done," he rolls his eyes again, "you know, actually this is your fault."
My eyes widen at his accusation, "what? How is any of this my fault?"
"Because I tried taking your advice. I tried to give that boy a chance, the one you reassured me was a good kid and what did he do? Convince Hope to sneak out of home to watch a movie in the town square," he rolls his eyes.
"Landon? Landon asked Hope to sneak out of your house at night?" I ask with a surprised tone.
"Oh don't sound so surprised. Isn't he supposed to be your responsibility? Being an orphan at your school and all? How did he sneak past your school security even?"
"Wait back up, first, our security is extremely efficient. Second, I know Landon. He would never do that! There has to be more to the story," I retort.
"So you're saying Hope snuck out willingly and then lied about it?" he counters.
I shake my head 'no', "I'm saying, we need to hear the kids out."
"No, what we need is to punish this kid and keep Hope away from him!" he yells, getting annoyed, "and what you need to do is stop defending him!"