06| 𝑺𝒂𝒘 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑶𝒏 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑭𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒓

2nd April,2028

Kaitlyn's POV

Two days have passed since Hope and Klaus' argument. Since mine and Ric's argument. Since mine and Klaus' conversation. I've been keeping myself busy with duties for Miss Mystic Falls, in order to avoid any form of supernatural drama, even if it's for a little while.

Except the while didn't last too long when I hear the doorbell go off. I open the front door to see Elijah standing there, in all his glory.

"Oh hey," I say, clearly shocked.

"Hello Rose, I was wondering if I could have a word with Hope?" he asks formally.

"She's your niece, of course you can but she's not here right now. The kids went to the old Gilbert Lake House for the weekend, to practice for Miss Mystic Falls Dance. They'll be at the Town Hall later, though," I tell him and he nods in understanding.

"Well then, could we talk?"

"Sure, let's talk outside," I say as I step out of the house.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be rude but this house is supposed to be a safe place for my kids, exactly why the house in under Ric's name. we barely ever invite anyone in so that things can never fire back at us. There may have been peace for the last sixteen years but this is still Mystic Falls and nothing even stays good in Mystic Falls for too long.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask as I turn to Elijah.

"I wanted to apologize, actually. And ask how I could make up for it, if there even is a way," he elaborates, politely, "all those years ago, whatever happened, I didn't keep my word to you. Of always and forever or of always being there for you and I deeply regret not doing so, I have for the last sixteen years now. I know an apology now might not change anything but I still had to ask for your forgiveness."

"Well, thanks for the apology then, Elijah. And it does mean something to me. Our friendship has always meant a lot to me and just because we didn't keep contact doesn't mean you ceased to have importance to me. You know me well enough to know I don't hold grudges. I'm willing to forgive you if you promise to keep your word this time, of getting me a vintage copy of 'Pride and Prejudice' from your collection," I say in a half-serious manner.

 I'm willing to forgive you if you promise to keep your word this time, of getting me a vintage copy of 'Pride and Prejudice' from your collection," I say in a half-serious manner

He shakes his head and smiles at me , looking visibly relaxed, "I promise."

"Well then, we're good. I'm headed to the Town Hall, you can come along if you want to see if Hope's there," I offer and he nods as we head to my car and drive to the Hall.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆

As soon as we get there, I see Madeline rushing towards me, "there you are, Miss K, these years candidates are a mess! We need to work on them ASAP!" she hyperventilates and I chuckle at her.