07| 𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝑶𝒇 𝑯𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚

Kaitlyn's POV

The past week has been irregularly quiet in Mystic Falls. Everyone has been minding their own business and things have been jolly around here. Ric apologized to me and we made amends. He said he realizes how tough things must be for me to suddenly have all these people from my past show up out of the blue. In his words, 'I handled it all like a champ'.

"Mom, Dad, we're going dress shopping today. You guys wanna come along?" Josie asks as she enters the living room, where me and Ric I are lying on the couch as I read a book and he watches some show on the TV. Ric shakes his head 'no', only half-listening.

I smile at her, "no sweety. Just take my credit card and get whatever you guys like. I think we'll stay in and rest a little today. It's been a rough few days," I tell her and she nods, walking out of the room.

I then take a book from my bedside table and lie down, resting my head on Ric's shoulder as he wraps an arm around me and we stay in for one comfy day at home with no drama. Or so we thought.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆

3rd person POV

For Miss Mystic Falls, the twins take Hope shopping with them. Josie finds herself a beautiful strapless black dress from the store but even after hours of looking around, Lizzie and Hope don't find anything. In the meantime, it's Ryan and Madeline's anniversary so he finds his sisters to help him get his girlfriend a gift.

"Come on, Lizzie, Josie, you can get a dress tomorrow. Please!" Ryan pleads them.

"We don't have enough time, Ryan! Just get her a necklace or something," Lizzie suggests.

"I got her a necklace last year. I can't get her another now this year as well," he nags, "come one, what are sisters for?"

"Okay look, Josie already found her dress so take her with you while me and Hope looks for our dresses. How does that sound?" Lizzie suggests.

"Well I guess one is better than none," Ryan nods as Josie rolls her eyes at them and Lizzie gives them a victory smile,

Then Josie leaves with Ryan as Lizzie and Hope decide to raid their mom's and Aunt Rebekah's dress collections, respectively and see if they find anything.

When Lizzie gets home, she runs up to the attic and pulls out boxes full of Kaitlyn's old dresses. There, she finds a beautiful black dress. She considers it for herself but then remembers Josie got a black dress already and she wanted to wear something different than her sister, so she thinks of offering the dress to Hope. She sends a text to Hope saying, "I think I just found the perfect dress for you."

Soon, Hope replies with, "I think I found one for you too."

They then decide to meet at the town square and exchange the dresses ASAP as the competition was two days away.

Little did Lizzie know how that one dress could open one big can of worms for her mother and a certain hybrid.

After exchanging the dresses and getting home, both love the dresses the other had found for them. While Lizzie is obsessed with how 'her style' the blue dress from Rebekah's collection is, Hope is in awe of the dress Lizzie had given her. It was that dress. The one Kaitlyn had worn to the Mikaelson ball all those years ago. She shows it to Davina, Hayley and Freya but decides to keep it a surprise from her dad, wanting to see his reaction later on.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆

17 April, 2028

3rd person POV