| 44 |

Chapter Forty Four

~

Louis POV
~

"Issie? Issie can you come help me?" I yell through the house, struggling to put the tie on my suit. Issie drove all the way home from college for my dance.

She drove all the way... because she thinks my date is y/n.

Issie told me that she wanted to be home and that she couldn't miss my last school dance.

It honestly kills me inside. Because I still love y/n. And I know that my sisters do too. I haven't told Issie yet. That my date is Clara, I mean. I can't. It'll crush her.

"What's up?" She comes around the corner with her hair up in a pony, her bangs hanging on her forehead.

I sigh in frustration and throw the tie onto my bed, before sitting down beside it. I let my head fall into my hands as I run my fingers through my hair.

"I can't get my tie..." I admit shamefully. I'm sure any eighteen year old could do this themselves.

Issie grins at me and walks inside my bedroom. She almost chuckles but keeps it back.
"I uh... I don't really know how to tie a tie."

I look up at her with a defeated expression. "Really? Like not even a clue?"

I think she could see the desperation in my eyes and she let out a little sigh. "Okay fine. I'll try. But I'm still not sure. I thought you wore these with your school uniforms anyway?"

She walks over and grabs the ribbon around my neck, sliding it off.

"Yeah well my uniform has the tie attached to the shirt. Probably because of kids like me," I mumble. Issie chuckles and looks at me, but I avoid looking into her eyes. Every time she's even in the same room as me I feel sick with guilt.

Issie wraps the tie around my neck and attempts to make it work. But it doesn't. She tries again. Nope.

"How about you ask Millie? She's young but that girl can do anything she puts her mind to," Issie suggests. I shake my head.
"She's with friends."

Issie nods and continues to try. Over and over.
After a few more times she scoffs and takes it off.
"Louis why don't you just wear the black bow tie from last year? It's a clip on and it's so much easier."

I take a really deep breath. "Well Cla- y/n's dress is baby pink and she wants me to match."

Shit so that just slipped out.

Carefully I peek up at Issie, but she didn't seem to notice. A wave of relief floods me.
Issie shrugs and throws the tie around my neck yet again.
"Hm. I'll try one more time alright?"

She doesn't try just once. She tries again and again and again. Issie's never really satisfied. So I know I'll be here until she got it.

And eventually, she did. It wasn't exactly perfect, and looked a little funny, but I had to be at Clara's in ten minutes and I'm not ready at all.

I'm a nervous wreck.

"Good?" Issie asks me as she steps away. I nod and stand up.
"Yeah. Yeah it's good. Thank you Is."