introduction + cast

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

On the coast of North Carolina sat barrier islands called the Outer Banks. It was a great place for a vacation getaway. Beautiful beaches and outdoor shops to accommodate for a fun summer.

Driving a bit further down OBX, Kildare County stood. This was the home to many, but the town was divided into two.

First, you had The Cut. The working class of the town known as the Pogues. They were the ones going to 8-5 jobs every day. The Pogues were seen as reckless and low status.

Figure Eight was on the other side of the town. This was the rich side, making up old and new money families. They practically ran the town and thought highly of themselves. These were known as the Kooks.

The Camerons were Kook royalty, having one of the biggest houses on the island. However, one family was above them all. Those were the Livingstons. Coming from wealthy old money, their vast mansion laid on the river bank. Their family consisted of Owen Livingston and Lorelei Livingston - the father and mother. Nate Livingston - the older brother. Then, there was Evelyn Livingston - the youngest daughter who was Kook royalty.

Yes, Sarah Cameron was 'Kook Princess', but she was Kook Queen.

Evelyn's life had been handed to her from the second she was born. Anything she wanted or needed, it was there for her. It's as if her family had a bottomless pool of money (which was almost true). Although with all this luxury, it got lonely. Her parents were always away on trips or doing work in their study - not to be disturbed, of course. Her brother was away at college in Boston. It was just her most of the time.

Luckily, she had Kiara Carrera. Meeting in the first grade, the two became inseparable. They did everything together. Sarah Cameron had joined their group later on and they became the trio of Figure Eight. Freshman year, the girls split after Sarah didn't invite Kie to her birthday party for an unknown reason. Evelyn was stuck in the middle, but soon saw who was truly there for her. Making the hard decision, Evelyn chose Kie's side. Now, her and Sarah were just acquaintances.

Her friendship with Kie turned heads in the Figure Eight though, as Kie hung out with a group of three Pogue boys. Evelyn had met them on multiple occasions and absolutely despised them. The Pope guy wasn't too bad, but everyone else was annoying. One of her friends was named 'John B', like why couldn't she just say John?

Then, there was JJ. He would always have a snarky remark when they'd cross paths. His ego was through the roof and no matter what comeback Evelyn had, he always had one up his sleeve.

As if she needed enough drama in her life, the talk of the school was always the on-again off-again relationship between her and Rafe Cameron. He was a year older than her, going into his senior year of high school. They had met at a party a year ago and one thing had led to another.