Chapter 10

"the nightmare"

It was only when the tremendous roar caused by the car crashing against the tree was over, that Isobelle opened her eyes,

Everything had happened so fast, everything was a blur.

Isobelle found it hard to keep her eyes open, and she felt her ache in pain with every movement she made. But none of those things mattered anymore after she realized the state her brother was in.

He was lying with his head on one side, a terrible wound on his head from which blood was pouring.

He had several bruises on his face, neck and arms, and some of the glass from the windscreen had left cuts in his skin.

Isobelle could not contain the heart-rending scream that came from her throat at the sight of her brother like that.

She didn't know where she found the strength to get out of the car and stand up, walking to her brother's side, looking for any way to help him. She tried to stop the bleeding but was too afraid to hurt him even more.

"Come on Erik!" She shook him. "Wake up! Please Erik. Please!" She started sobbing.

But she soon realised it wasn't going to work, so she made her way to the back of the car, looking everywhere for her phone. Her mind started to get clouded.

She finally found it and dialled the emergency numbers as fast as her trembling hands would allow her to do so.

"Please, m-my brother he's... please help!" She pleaded to the lady on the phone.

"Ma'am please, I need a direction."

"It's about a mile and a half away from the White Oak Mall, I- I don't know exactly. Please!"

The lady assured her that an ambulance was on its way and Isobelle hanged up.

Not knowing what else to do, Isobelle dropped to the floor next to her brother, feeling useless and tired, trying to stay awake as tears welled up in her eyes.

But it was only a matter of time before her eyelids closed and the darkness consumed her completely.

—————————— • ——————————

Wilhelm was walking down those characteristic Hillershka stone stairs with Simon, when he noticed that all around him the students were murmuring and looking at him with pity.

Confused, he turned back to Simon, who only shrugged his shoulders, not knowing what was going on.

"Should we say anything about it?" Someone asked a little bit too loud.

"Should we tell him?" Another voiced asked.

"Wilhelm!" A man called him, getting his attention. "Wilhelm, could you please uh... could you please come with me?"