1

Lovely

4:58pm
1 year later

4:58pm1 year later

"you so goofy. i said snapping more pictures. "ready? i asked him.

life's been crazy since we lost the custody battle wit alisa. shoota's been stressed out since and hasn't been the same.

we barely talk and if we do it's little to nothing.

since covid got a lot more serious they started to lockdown. we been stuck in the house for a while year. so today i'm taking alegend to the park for some fresh air.

"daddy! alegend said running to him. i turned and he was standing by the benches.

"havin fun? he asked picking him up.

"go. he said pointing to the swings.

---

6:35pm

"im cute. jayla said after snapping a picture of herself.

"well duh. i said parking the car.

we were at shoota's favorite chinese spot. i wanna make him feel special.

i ordered his favorite dish with some other stuff and paid for it before leaving.

"he still hasn't talked to you yet? jayla asked as we got back in the car.

"yea but not nothing serious. jus a 'hey ma. you hungry? how you feelin?' never a 'i need help coping with my sister being taken from me.'

"yea well lovely he's a man. and you know men are so fuckin prideful with everything. he might take a while to open up or he might not even do so.

"it shouldn't be like that he needs to learn to trust me.

"he do trust you.

"and how do you know that?

"shit idk.

"exactly.

---

6:58pm

i dropped jayla off and went home. when i walked in the house was quiet.

i dropped my keys on the table and walked upstairs wit the bags. shoota and alegend was sleep right next to eachother wit spongebob playin on the tv.

i took my hoodie off and put it back in the closet before going downstairs wit the food. i made our plates and put them on the table.

"hey baby. i whispered to alegend as he rubbed his eyes awake. he reached for me to pick him up. as soon as i did shoota jumped awake.

"relax it's just me. i said laughing.

"my bad ma. what's that smell?

"food downstairs.

he moved past me and we all went downstairs.

"oh i ain't have this since i was like 17. he said sitting down. he kissed my cheek and thanked me before he started eating.

"grace." alegend said looking at his dad.

"you're right baby. daddy didn't say his grace.

shoota laughed and put his fork down.