-Chapter 1: The Departure-

It was a Stormy Night on a planet in the far outer Milky Way, the winds ravaged the lands as rain poured from the murky skies above. This was Aurobea, Its mass and overall appearance was quite similar to Earth's, however the surface was under constant fire from the sky as storms humanity couldn't have imagined off swept across the continents on this Alien-like world.

Aurobea was also famed for its position in the Milky Way, It sat on the outer edges of the Galaxy, isolated from other Solar Systems. The Planet along with 5 other Planets (3 of which were Gas Giants) rotated around a Sun which is coincidentally similar in mass and brightness to humanity's sun. 

On the planet there lay a lone singular house positioned on a vast grass plain, And inside lay a Young Historian sat on his desk puzzled on his next file, He was named Xæi and is an active member of an Intergalactic Historian Societal Group dubbed "The Milky Way Historian Society" or MWHS, And is Boss was an incredibly wealthy Asteromorph who runs the entire company from the outer void of space. Xæi is a Xantorian which are known for their extensive knowledge of history and geography (Xandarians is the one on the book cover). he is currently focused on his next Mission which will take place on a planet extremely far away from his home planet. He was tasked for Exploring the underground of A Tundra Planet dubbed Excobla, Which may harbour Extra-terrestrial life under it's thick sheet of ice coating the planet despite it losing it's sun for a few decades already. For some backstory Xæi was part of a small group of Historians that pieced together the entire story of Humanity and was praised for it, Little did he and the rest of the society know, The story of the mixed fortunes of man was not over yet...

Xæi closed his eyes before groaning, This Mission might be his most challenging yet due to the absurd amount of luggage and equipment he has to pack and bring and the extreme conditions he has to endure throughout the mission. However Xæi is infamous for never backing down for a mission or an operation he has been given with. So with a deep breath, he grabbed the holographic pen and signed the digital contract. After a long boiling shower, He slowly crawled his way towards the cryogenic pod, Setting the time to 3 in the Morning as he has to pack the truckload of luggage and get ready. He slowly stepped into the pod as the hatch internally closes on him. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes before giving into the cold as he freezes consciously awaiting the departure in 4 hours.  

29th May 598,0078,000 A.D (6:51 A.M) 

 The departure to Excloba is ready, An Airship has already been deployed to Xæi and it will be a matter of time before he blasts off to The Tundra World. However there is a bit of a conundrum that the MWHS had miscalculated, Aurobea like I mentioned is located on the Western edge of the Milky Way while Excloba is on the Eastern side of the Milky Way. The Trip in total would be roughly 2 weeks minimum.

Xæi widened his eyes at the thought However shook It off before starting to move the luggage onto the Portable Airship, He had to pack an obscene amount of things such as: 7 months of Food and Liquid Water, A Holographic Scanner to scan the Excloba underground for signs of ET, heat and bacterial life and much much more. Xæi then started to hurry the packing up as he had to depart at 9 in the morning and still had 70% of luggage he had to pack. 

 Xæi realising he will be leaving his home planet for 6 months started to reflect on his Home planet, He stepped out of the Overfilled Airship before taking a deep breath. He looked up and saw that a storm was brewing in the murky clouds as rain started to drip down onto his cap. And with that he stepped into the Airship narrowly avoiding the sudden splash of rain. This was his home and of course he has left his home planet dozens and dozens of times but never this long. That's why this farewell was much more heartfelt... 9AM eventually hit and Xæi slowly sat down on the seat and within a blink of an eye, The ship blasted off breaking through the atmosphere and landed in the dark void of space. 

Alone.

-FIN-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the messy writing as This is my first book on Wattpad, After Watching Alt Shift X's video on All Tomorrows I fell in love with the book and inspired me to create some fictional post humans including the Avians (which you will see soon).

If you have any questions please write in the comments!