Where

"You take me away,

Your eyes, they beg me to stay

But you push me away

Just ask me, I will stay

Fore~v~ee~r

You~u"

Fingers elegantly flying over the keys of the piano, melody floating in the air, voice forcing one to stop and listen. How very enchanting. 

Kylo was glued in place, unable to ignore what he was hearing. The curtain fluttered in the air, silhouette shifting with the moving sun. 

The song being sung was completely made by him but it sounded much more beautiful. Kylo pulled the curtain behind to take a peek at who the voice belonged to. Alas, only the sleek back was seen. Kylo took another step, lifting his hand to open the door.

"Kylo!" 

Kylo turned towards the unexpected call. 

The piano stopped along with the singing. 

"It's laaate, let's go!!" The interruption urged.

Kylo turned back at the door which was now embraced in silence. Even when getting dragged away he kept looking. The beauty of the sound echoing in his mind.

***

"And I mean it when I

Sa~ay

fore~ve~r" 

Kylo was brought back from the scene that took place that day. The unnecessary dragging of the final note gave him a headache. He put the file on the table with a thud. 

"Get the next one." He sighed.

May, his secretary scurried off to call the next person into the studio.

"Improvising unnecessarily. So full of themselves..." Kylo mumbled, massaging his aching temples.

 It had been ages since he was searching for a voice for the song. Were there no talented singers at all? Those who actually wanted to do it and not just for namesake. He wanted talent. He wanted melody. He wanted that voice which kept circling in his head. 

May sent the next one into the room and sighed. 

"Here." Dan came up to her and handed her a coffee.

"Thanks, Dan." May said, taking a sip.

"Still not the one?" Dan asked.

"Nope. And that was the last one for the day." May said, sighing once more. 

 "He is really obsessed with finding that perfect voice." Dan said.

"Don't let him hear you say that." 

Dan sighed at the warning. He and Kylo didn't get along at all. They clashed the first day they saw each other and the rest is history.

"Where does he expect us to find that-"

May was cut off by the sound of the booth door slamming shut.

"Good luck!" Dan cheered and dashed back to his seat. 

May went inside and braced herself.

"That's all for today?" Kylo asked, forehead scrunched.

May nodded slowly.

"So many people and you still haven't found him?" Kylo huffed. 

"Whose fault is that..." May thought to herself.