09| 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝑾𝒆 𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅'𝒗𝒆 𝑯𝒂𝒅

18th April, 2028

3rd person POV

While they're still stuck in traffic, Kaitlyn leaves Damon a voicemail, telling him to meet them at the Excelsior Hotel, as they're almost there, themselves.

A while later, they finally reach their destination. While Klaus stays back to ensure the rooms are ready and the cars are safely handled by the valet, the others stray further into the lobby. The kids are all chattering along, unable to hold their excitement while Freya and Kaitlyn talk about things they could go see during this 3-day trip.

Suddenly, Kaitlyn's phone rings and Damon's Caller ID pops.

"Hey Buttercup, I'm at the hotel lobby. Where are you?" he asks as she answers the call.

"We're at the hotel lobby too. Just a little further down," she replies.

"Okay I think I see an Original. See you in a bit," he says as he hangs up.

Kaitlyn walks towards the counter as well, to see if Damon was there.

Suddenly, she gets pulled into a tight hug but someone, "hey there, Buttercup. Long time no see," Damon says as they pull away, giving her his signature smirk.

 Long time no see," Damon says as they pull away, giving her his signature smirk

"Damon! Hi, god I missed you so much! Where's Elena and Stefanie?"

"Stefanie is home and Elena is still at the hospital, "he says as Kaitlyn frowns, "but, she promised she'll be here with us the whole day tomorrow."

Kaitlyn nods as the twins rush towards them and Klaus joins the group as well.

"Uncle Damon!" they tell out in sync as Damon hugs them both before turning to Ryan, "happy birthday, kid. You're so grown up every time I see you guys," he says and everyone laughs.

Then Damon turns to see Klaus, "ah, I don't know how to greet you," he says.

"How about a 'nice to see you after so many years?'" Klaus suggests as he holds his hand out for Damon to shake, which he does.

"I would be lying if I said that, though. But we're here for my nephew's birthday, so I guess I can make my peace with you this once," Damon says and Klaus nods.

"Oh and Damon, meet Klaus' sister, Freya and his daughter, Hope," Kaitlyn introduces as he smiles at them.

"Okay if the greetings are over, the rooms are ready and I think we should get some rest before tomorrow," Klaus suggests.

"This is New York, dad. Nobody stays in for the day, here," Hope complains as Damon nods, "you know, she's right. How about the kids take a stroll around Central Park or something while us, adults take a trip to my favorite place here- my bar," Damon offers.

"Yeah I wanna see Central Park," Lizzie cheers.

"So it's decided. I'll pick you guys up in an hour or so," Damon tells them, "oh and Buttercup, I have a surprise for you."