Just Him and The Melody

When James turned 8 he truly understood was grief is. Time passes without him even knowing. That day, he and his parents were on the way to go to his birthday party. And then it happened.

Soon after that, he resided at the Orphanage since he doesn't have any known relatives. He didn't fit in. So on a particularly rainy day, he ran away. Hoping to get away from this awful place, and maybe, somewhere deep in his heart, wishes to be reunited with his parents once again.

That's when he met his mentor. A wonderful elderly woman with kindness visible in her eyes. She took him in when no one else would. She taught him piano. He was good at it, a natural prodigy.

And now, here he is, the age of 23, here for the recital that will soon change his life. He brushed his hair back. A habit that developed throughout the years when he's nervous.

He peered behind the curtains, and he saw his wife, mentor, and his close friends. His wife and mentor noticed him and smiled at him warmly.

He traced along his wedding ring, a smile tugging at his lips as he remembered the wedding day. He's gonna be a father just after 2 more months. How would he shower his baby with love, how he would teach his children that it would be okay. James finds himself now filled with a newfound determination.

And that's when the hall went dark. (I have no idea how piano recitals work) That's his cue. He looked back at his wife again and see her mouthing him a 'good luck'.

He took a deep breath and stride to the piano. He shuffled through the music sheets and began placing them neatly. His fingers touched the keys and suddenly it was just him and the melody.