10| 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝑰𝒔 𝑨𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒅

19th April, 2028

3rd person POV

The kids, Kaitlyn and Freya had fallen asleep while watching the movie that night. Klaus wakes up and comes downstairs to see all the kids crammed on the floor, lying around asleep while Freya lies on the couch above. Lizzie and Josie are snuggled up around each other while Madeline is lying her head on Ryan's lap. At the very end, he notices Kaitlyn asleep, her head leaning back against the couch while Hope has her head laid on Kaitlyn's lap. He feels his heart swelling with happiness at the sight, he thinks of taking a picture of it but before he could take out his phone, someone else's phone starts ringing.

Everyone slowly starts to wake up and look around to find the source of the noise. Klaus watches the scene, clearly amused to see how pissed off everyone looked at the moment. Ryan finally finds the phone and hands in to Kaitlyn, "mom, it's yours. Who's Bash?" he asks and Klaus' face instantly falls as he walks away from the suite's living room and into the side bar to get himself a drink and calm his nerves.

Kaitlyn gets up to answer the call and slowly, everyone else too get up and retreat to their rooms as it was only 6 in the morning then.

"Hey Bash," Kaitlyn grumbles.

"Hey Lyn, good morning. Did you just wake up?"

"Well, it's only 6 in the morning so," she trails off when she notices Klaus walking back into the living room, with an irritated look on his face.

"Yes but aren't you the same Lyn that used to drag me to Central Park so we could watch the sunrise every morning?" he asks with a chuckle and Klaus' glare hardens.

"Yeah but it's different now. I barely get any rest all day so waking up at 6 is crazy. Plus sunrises aren't fun alone," she chuckles.

"True but you know, all this time, any sunrise I've witnessed without you still made me think of you. I'd think to myself how you'd say 'Bash, look at the sky. It's so clear, so calm. I could stay like this forever,' and it always brought a smile to my face."

Kaitlyn smiles at his words, "good to know I left an impact on you."

"Oh please, you leave an impact on everyone you meet. It's impossible to ever forget you," he flirts from the other side of the phone and Klaus storms away to the living room couches, away from the window Kaitlyn was leaning against.

Kaitlyn notices and sighs, "whatever you say, Bash. Listen I gotta go now but we can plan something for tomorrow?" she offers.

"Of course, I'll call you," he says before hanging up.

When she walks back into the living room, she notices all the kids rejoining them after they've all freshened up. Klaus sits on one couch, not even bothering to acknowledge any of their company as he glares at his bourbon glass.

"Hey mom, since your lover boy decided to wake us up at 6, we thought we'd go enjoy the morning from outside and grab breakfast on the way," Lizzie says and Kaitlyn's eyes widen as everyone else's head snaps in her direction, including Klaus.

"Liz, what the hell," Ryan scolds her but she only shrugs in response.

"What? Uncle Damon told me this guy really really likes you and apparently, once you liked him too so," she trails off when she notices Josie and Ryan glaring at her, "okay chill out! It was a joke. Sorry mom," she apologizes and Kaitlyn nods half-heartedly as the kids then walk out of the suite.

She goes to sit next to Klaus on the couch but he gets up and storms away again. She sighs and sits down, burying her face in her hands and staying that way until she hears sounds of faint tunes coming from the other corner of the room. She walks up to the source of the sound to see Klaus sitting on a piano, in the corner of the living room, randomly pressing different keys in frustration as he tries to follow the instructions written on the card he found on the piano.