| 45 |

Chapter Forty Five

~

My heart was completely pounding when we arrived. The sky was gloomy, with dark clouds, which is a good representation of my mood right now.

"Alrighty, we've arrived," Will sighed as he finally found a parking spot across the street from the area my school rented out. It's a ballroom. I've come here before for events like weddings and stuff. It's huge. There's a big dance floor, and dining tables circling around it.

I close my eyes and take yet another deep breath. It's about to take all my strength to step out of this car. I feel like I can't move.

Everyone's gonna be here. Clara, Louis, James, the entire grade.

"Y/n?" I open my eyes with a small gasp to see Will outside my door. He was waiting for me to get out.
"Sorry I'm just uh... I'm really freaking out right now."

Will furrows his brows at me and softly chuckles. "Why? What's wrong?"

I swallow and bite onto my lip.
"I'm just... what if this doesn't work?"

Will's expression slowly fades. He understands what I'm asking. I know it, because he lightly sighs.
"You mean if Louis and you are truly over?"

I hesitate before nodding.

He sucks in his breath and then squats down so our eyes are level.
"I don't think that's gonna happen. Because you're gonna talk to him tonight, and he's gonna realize what he's missing. I know it. The boy's a sucker for you."

Will forms a small smile on his lips as I nod at his words. And then randomly, his head shoots up to the sky.

"What's wrong?" I ask, slightly confused. He flinches a little and his hand makes it's way to his cheek.

He wipes something off and then looks to me with a little frown. "It's starting to rain. That's no fun on the day of the Snowball!"

I chuckle a little at his joke and feel slightly better.

"Come on," Will holds out his hand, "let's hurry inside before the rain can ruin your pretty dress."

I smile a bit and set my hand in his, hopping out of the car. Will closes it behind me.
"Let's go!"

I giggle a little as I feel some raindrops fall and we start running.

By the time we made it inside, it was pouring outside. I had a few drops on my dress but they'd go away soon enough.

"Wow," Will smiles as he looks around the room, "they really went all out this year huh?"

I look around with him. There were silver streams falling down the walls, followed by some white massive paper snowflakes. A huge banner spread across the front of the front of the ballroom that read "Snowball class of '21"

Each table had shiny sequins across white table clothes, with beautiful blue flowers as centerpieces. I find all the decorations funny because it's not common to get snow down here, and when we do, it doesn't last very long.

"Gorgeous," Will mumbles under his breath before looking back down at me. I look back up at him and his smile grows bigger.

"Come on, let's find a table and wait for your friends."
Will gave my hand a small tug and I followed him across the room. People were everywhere.

All the girls, wearing beautiful dresses. Ranging from the deepest sets of purple to the most radiant of red. From tight and sleek dresses, to puffy ones that stretched a deep inches from their feet.