11| 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰𝒇 𝑰 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒅 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑾𝒉𝒚?

21 April, 2028

3rd person POV

The trip was over as soon as it had started yet so much had changed in such a short while. It was now time to say goodbye to New York, even though some didn't want to. The kids begged Kaitlyn to extend the trip a few more days but she wouldn't budge. She kept reminding them of how they'd already missed so much of school and how everyone else had responsibilities back home as well.

Now, they were all stood outside the airport as they decided to fly back home. Damon and Elena had come to see them off. While everyone said their goodbyes, Damon pulled Klaus away from the group.

Klaus gave him a confused look as Damon cleared his throat and glared at him.

"I know," Damon says and when Klaus still looks confused, he elaborates, "I know about you and Kaitlyn. And I just wanted to warn you. She's an amazing soul and you're lucky that she's even willing to give you a second chance because god knows you don't deserve it. But there's all this crap about you both being soulmates and although it all sounds like crap to me, I know she still does care for you and Caroline seems to think you care for her too. Last time we tried to give you a chance, you packed up your bags and left without saying goodbye and you hurt our Lyn. No, scratch that. You freaking wrecked her, broke her apart. She shut off for months on end after that. And if you do pursue her this time, I hope for your sake that you don't mess up this time. Because if you do," Damon points his finger at Klaus and narrows his eyes, "you bet I'll come for you. Not just me, Bonnie, Caroline, Elena, Jeremy, Enzo, Alaric, Ryan and even Kol will come for you. And we'll bury you alive if you even result in a tear she sheds from her eyes. You'll be held accountable for it all and I promise you, I'll make you pay. So do not dare hurt her this time! Understood?"

Klaus wears an amused look on his face but his eyes are sincere as he nods at Damon's words

"Good," Damon says as he walks back to the group, with Klaus following behind.

Kaitlyn gives them a worried look, "is everything okay?" she asks them and before Klaus can say anything, Damon speaks up, "yep all good, Buttercup."

"Okay, well we should head in," she says sadly and Damon nods as he walks to her and gives her a tight hug.

"We'll miss you, Buttercup. Stay safe and keep in contact, okay?" he tells her and she nods.

"Hey, stop hogging her. She's supposed to be my best friend," Elena jokes as she pulls Damon away and hugs Kaitlyn herself.

The entire group laughs and everyone says their goodbye before walking into the airport, gradually boarding their flight and heading back home.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆

Upon reaching Mystic Falls, as everyone walks out to get into their cars and head home, Klaus reaches out to hold Kaitlyn back by her wrist. Ryan, Hope and Josie look back but he motions for them to keep walking and they do, Ryan too although reluctant.