7.

TW: minor mentions of alcohol addiction and abuse

"One."

"Two...."

"Three!"

Ivy fluttered her eyes open, an amused grin on her face. "No way!" She exclaimed, rushing towards the car.

"Custom built, parts from Italy."

It was a car. Her dream car. It was a 1969 Chevrolet Impala. A true pioneer of American, vintage muscle cars. The sleek black design was perfectly suited for Ivy's taste, though she would have loved it anyway, no matter the color. Ivy leaned against the car, peering inside it.

"Happy birthday, my dear." Harper said, tossing her the keys. "H-how did you get this?" She asked, catching them. "No, actually, how did you know?" She asked. He chuckled, "You never delete the history on the family computer. I saw you google pictures of the car every other week. How could I have not known?" He laughed, in his wispy, old man voice.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" He asked. "My friends from school are organizing some kinda party of the sort. If you'd like, I'd much rather stay here with you." She reasoned.

"Ivy. It's your birthday for crying out loud." He rolled his eyes, "You are insufferable."

She snorted, "Fine...I'll be back late, though. I have another thing to go to. So I'll make you some dinner soon and you could microwave it tonight. Your favorite pasta?" She offered.

"I'm old, darling, not disabled." He rolled his eyes with a smile on his face. Ivy's eyes trailed down to his wheelchair. He hesitated, noticing her amused smile, retreating back into the house. "Well - you know what I mean."

Ivy couldn't wait to get in the car. Her grandfather sure had taste. The interior was gray and black with black leather seats and a strawberry scented car freshener. There was also an auxiliary cord for her to plug in her phone and listen to music to. She drove out all the way to a small park just outside of Forks, where her friends were waiting.

The park was covered with trees, there was only a small opening where the sun shone in sometimes and it was the only source of light. The park was unknown to many, but Ivy had found it one day while exploring and introduced that area to her friends.

"Ta da!" The screamed once she got there.

Ivy broke out into a large grin, "Wow!" She laughed. They had set up a picnic for her, it had various fruits, snacks and a cake for her and drinks, too.

Bella was the first one to give her a present. It was a simple, yet meaningful gift. She had given her an entire goodie box, because she couldn't decide on what Ivy liked best. Bella had put in new books, a few CDs from artists she knew Ivy liked, a sketchbook, and some writing supplies. Bella had explained her reasoning.

"I don't care if you gave me socks, Bella. I'd love it anyway." Ivy replied, which seemed to ease the other brunette as she reached in for a small, awkward hug. "Happy Birthday!" Jess squealed, enveloping her into a hug. She rushed Ivy to open her present. "Thanks, Jess." She smiled, taking the present with two hands. Ripping it open, she gasped. It was a beautiful, short, satin dress. The color was a dusty rose.

"I just wanted to see my favorite color on my favorite person. I can't wait to see you wear it on dates!" Jessica gushed in excitement.

"Thank you. I love it." Ivy replied, folding it up neatly. It was now one of the few things she had in her closet that was colorful.

"Open mine!" Mike rushed, shoving lightly past Jessica and waving it in Ivy's face. Jessica recovered from the push, and rolled her eyes playfully. Mike really thought he had done well with his present, and couldn't wait for Ivy to see.