1- Freshie

I'm Y/n L/n.

Just your average teenage girl getting ready for her first day of freshman year. Nervous, yet, excited to be there.

Getting dressed in dark blue jeans and a cream-colored shirt. Putting on a necklace and a couple of rings to add to the 'back to school' look. Just like how my mother would like me to dress.

"Y/n, hurry up you're gonna be late!" My mom yells from the bottom of the stairs. "Yeah, I'm coming!" I respond, quickly finishing up my hair before walking downstairs.

My mom looks me up and down, nodding her head in consent. "Alright, you look good. Get your bag and put your shoes on, gotta take the first day of school photo." I sigh, following my mother's orders.

I stand on the sidewalk in front of the main entrance, turning around to see and phone's camera aimed at me.

"Say cheese." She did this every year. I feel like I'm getting way too old for these things. I'm in high school now.

I curl my lips into a smile. "Show teeth." She demands and of course, I listen. A moment later she stands straighter, observing the photo she just took.

"There you go. You know where your bus stop is right?" She asks. "Yeah."

"Alright be good, have a great day." She hugs me goodbye then waves me off.

—————

The bus ride was boring, as usual, being the first pick up that is.

When I arrived, I saw many familiar faces, as well as so many new ones. Upperclassmen were exiting the cars that they drove here.

The deans and staff were at the entrances with a red carpet laid on the ground, following inside.

This is kinda embarrassing. I walk the red carpet along with other kids that stepped off their busses as the adults cheered and clapped their hands. Offering high fives to us as well while saying, "Welcome! Welcome to a great new school year!"

I just walk past them, sending them a friendly smile when they looked at me.

"Hey, Y/n!" I look around, trying to find the owner of the voice in the crowded lobby. "Over here!"

I finally found laid eyes on him. Eren, one of my good friends since middle school. Mikasa and Armin waving for me to come over.

The trio envelopes me into a hug, asking how my summer was and all that.

"Church camp. How about you guys?" I replied.

—————

The first day of school is always boring. All we do is introductions so that our teacher and classmates better understand the person we are.

Six periods in and I still don't have any friends in my classes. I know I should just make new ones, but I'm not that person to speak first.

Call me introverted, antisocial, anything that's the opposite of talkative. Maybe I'll say a word here and there, other than that, nothing. With friends, I can be the loudest and wildest person you've met.

The sound of the bell rings on the intercom. Signaling for students to get to their next period. I look down at my schedule and luckily, lunchtime.

Walking around the cafeteria until I spot Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. I head towards them and see Eren bickering around with a guy with two-toned colored hair and a long face.

I place my hand on Armin's shoulder to make my presence known. He turns his head and smiles. "Oh, Y/n! You have this lunch period too?" I give a nod in response.

"Who's that guy?" I ask him, pointing over at the person Eren is having a roast battle with.

"I believe his name is, Jean Kirstein if I heard correctly. Going to get lunch?"

I place my bag next to the rounded stool on the floor that is connected to the circle table. "Yeah. I'll be right back." He nods and I get in line for food.

Checking my phone now and then as I wait in line, trying to be as less awkward as I can around people. A notification pops on my screen. I check it to see a new chapter has been published of a fanfic I'm reading.

"Only one?! Come on, why can't I get more?"

I look up from my phone screen to see what the sudden commotion was.

"Dear, you can only have one main item and two sides." The lunch lady says from the other side of the counter.

"Can't I just pay for it?" Says the girl. Her back was facing me so all I could see was that she had auburn hair tied in a ponytail. She was slim, wearing a red flannel with ripped blue jeans and black high-top vans.

"Sorry, we have many more students to serve so just take this." The women said, handing the girl her tray. The girl groans, grabbing the tray for her hand, picking up a chocolate milk carton before typing her ID number into the little device by the cashier.

My eyes followed her for a few seconds before accepting that I just witnessed that.

Leaving the line with a tray of food in my hands, I walk back to my friends' table.

As I sit down next to Armin, my eye caught on to the girl that was arguing with the lunch lady. She was seated at the table not too far from mine.

I took in her facial features. Light brown eyes, that complimented her fair skin tone. The dimples on her cheeks were shown every time she smiled down at the food that she was shoving down her throat.

I shook my head when I realized I was staring. Looking down at my food before eating it slowly, taking a bite whenever I knew that no one was looking. There is no shame in eating, but for some reason, I feel very insecure and anxious when I eat with people that aren't my family. Even if they were my friends from middle school, I just can't seem to be fully comfortable.

Using the fork in my hand to roll some pieces of vegetables around the tray, I rest my hand on my other hand.

"Are you gonna eat that?"

I sit up straighter and turn to the voice.

It was her, that girl in the lunch line. "Hm?"

"Are you gonna eat that?" She says, pointing at my tray. "Oh, uh, no I'm not."

"Can I have it?" She asks, I look down at it before sliding it over to her. "Yeah here." Her eyes light up. "Thank you so much!" She gives me a close-eyed smile before walking back to her table, then I realized that that boy Eren was fighting with was seated there as well as another boy with a shaved head and another with short black hair and freckles.

That smile. It was so sweet. I grin at the memory of her thanking me.