You straight

Like any normal day me and Elijah were on duty at the store. "Bro so you seeing anybody yet?" "Nope, what about you Cipher?" "I'm single as a Pringle." "You sound so fuckin lame." I stuck my tongue out at him and we heard the bell on the door ding.

"How can I-" "This is a robbery! Put your hands up!" Ahhh shit, me and Elijah put our hands up and I stayed looking at the ground. "Hey look up at us prick!" "Alright." I looked up and two of them lowered the guns.

"Shit. Sorry for this, w-we'll be on our way." "Okay?" "Please don't tell Zade." The five of them ran out and I looked at Elijah. "Am I important?" "Shit I guess so, maybe Zade forgot to take you off the no harm list." The fuck is he talking about?

"What's the no harm list?" "Boy your stupid, ask yo ex." "I don't talk to him anymore." "Well I'm not telling you." "Your annoying." "I know." He chuckled and we went on about our day.

Sadly near the end of my shift when Elijah was already gone, Zade just so happened to come in with some of his workers. "Hello what can I help you with?" "Give me some cigarettes and two cases of beer." "Grab the beer yourself." "You heard Cipher, go get it."

One of the guys walked to the back and I gave Zade his cigarettes. "What's the no harm list?" "Ask your coworker." "He told me to ask you, so what is it?" "It's a list I put people on saying nobody can harm them. If someone does harm them I'll kill the harmer." "Oh."

Still tryna find out why I'm on it. "Why are you asking anyways?" "Eh some guys tried to rob us earlier, but then they looked at me. I'm pretty sure you've got me on the list cause they apologized and begged me not to tell you." He grinned, "Yeah your on the list, and no I didn't accidentally leave you on it."

"Okay, have a good night Zade." "I will." They left and I locked up shop. Why am I still on it? I put my jacket on and smoked outside, I don't like smoking in my car. "Your still here, good." I looked up and Zade grabbed my cigarette.

"Wanna have a race?" "No, I want to finish my cigarette." "I'll give it back after we race." "Keep it, I'll smoke later." He frowned, "Just one race, I needa get back in shape." I took my jacket off, "Just one you persistent fuck."

About seven minutes later he won the race and bragged like hell. "Your slow as fuck Cipher." "Nah you just got faster, I'm going home." "Alright." I hopped in my car and was thinking, why is he randomly being so chill? When I got home I went straight to sleep.

Next day

I got up and took a nice warm shower, then I got dressed and went to get some breakfast. After I got breakfast I watched Netflix for a couple of hours before I went straight to sleep. By time I woke back up it was almost time for work so I hopped in my car and drove all the way down there.

"Cipher, took ya long enough." "Bro I'm like ten minutes late, you'll survive." Elijah rolled his eyes and we stocked the shelves and talked for awhile, while I was behind the register he asked, "How'd you and Zade break up?"

"Simple, he fucked some chick and I dumped him." "Oh damnnnnnn, like you caught him?" "Yuh, at the club downtown." Like yesterday Zade and his workers walked in and Elijah muttered, "Slut." "The fuck did you say?" "Nothin man." "Nah, nah, what did you say."

Zade was all up on him and Elijah felt as stupid as he acted, "Ay man I didn't mean it." "Then why did you say it." "It was a joke." "I'm finna knock-" "Chill out, he didn't mean it." He gave me a glance, "Then why did he say it?"

"There's this thing called freedom of speech." "Same as yesterday, make one of the cases free and I wont whoop his bitch ass." "Fine."