1

I sat on the docks, my tail swinging back and forth. I watched as the boats came in and out. Frank sat down next to me a bottle of rum in his hands. "Didn't think I would see you today," he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because you left so hastily last night," he said.

"I couldn't have your boss seeing me, could you imagine if he knew I existed?" I reminded him.

"You have a point, he said as a pink river dolphin came swimming over. Will you be joining me on my tour today?" he asked.

"Of course," I said. "When do you leave?" I tucked my green hair behind my ear.

"In an hour," he said.

"How's the cat?" I asked.

"She's fine," he replied. Suddenly Franks boss came storming down the dock and I threw myself into the cold water. I swam with the dolphin and took cover by the trees not far from Frank. I gently patted the dolphins head. It splashed and nodded in the water. I played with the locket around my neck, it had a painting of Aguirre I had forgiven Frank for what he did to my love. He had been locked away with two of his men for almost four hundred years while we both survived on the surface indulging ourselves with the rivers power. As Franks boat took off for its cruise I swam alongside the boat, a few people awing as they saw me, not far from the boat I had a rock I swam to and usually sat on it and flaunted my tail.

But this time I swam to the side of his boat and leant on the side of the boat allowing the current to support my tail. Many people gasped and took my picture with their cameras. "Watch out she's part piranha!" Frank exclaimed as I pushed myself off from the side of the boat and flicked water at them covering a few rich tourists in water. I dove deep into the water using the bottom to push myself along, I swam under the boat and emerged on the other side. When the tour was over I followed it back, and hauled myself onto the nose of the boat and as soon as my tail touched the timber they turned to legs. Frank helped me up and gave me my hat to hide my unnatural green hair, now I looked just like any other mortal.

We sat at the bar looking out at the harbour. "Where's my cut?" I asked as he counted his money.

"You're an attraction you don't get a cut,"  he said.

"I am the only reason you have tours," I said.

"Pay the girl," a drunk man said sitting next to Frank.

"Fine," he said pushed a few notes across.

"Is that it?" I asked, next time Ill just hide away with the dolphins, I said.

"You wouldn't dare!" he exclaimed and his smile dropped immediately,

"Would you like to find out?" I asked. He shook his head.