Chapter 35

I had gone down to the kitchen to get a glass of water at night when I saw the light of Xavier's office on

I had gone down to the kitchen to get a glass of water at night when I saw the light of Xavier's office on. "Hey, what are you doing?" he looked up, it was clear he was exhausted, his shirt rolled up to his forearms, his hair seemed messier than usual as though he kept running his hands through it.

"Work. What are you doing until 2 am?" He replied, I just shrugged and pointed to the glass of water in my hands. "Can't this work wait till tomorrow? Like you said, it's 2 am." He laughed quietly.

"Well, I'm pretty sure those Russians bastards don't care about my beauty sleep." My eyes widened in realization, I had been so preoccupied with my personal drama that I completely forgot about the still existing threat over our family.

"Shit, sorry. The whole Russian thing slipped my mind. I've been dealing with some stuff when I could clearly be focusing on more important matters." I sat on the seat on my side of the table.

"Oh don't worry about it. You of all people need to worry about something normal like a high school boyfriend." "Wait. So you're not gonna go all overprotective big brother on me for liking a boy, never mind actually going out with him?'' This was surprising because from what I've heard, older brothers are not supposed to be this cool about their sister going out with a guy.

Xavier laughed. I don't really think I have seen him laugh like this; he is never truly carefree unless he is alone. "Trust me when I say I tried to kill that kid for ditching you, but Sophia held me back. And I'm okay with you dating because I'm okay with the guys dating and if I didn't give you the same treatment then I'd be a hypocrite. Now, this does not in any way mean that you are allowed to do any lovey dovey teenage hormonal stuff in front of me."

"Good to know, now where are you with the whole Russian thing?" He sighed at my question, knowing I wasn't going to sleep any time soon. So he started explaining his plan to me. "The Russians have attacked us twice and both times, we were in big crowds. First, you and Luca were on a crowded road and then at the party so we know that they are not worried about being discreet.

So I'm thinking they're gonna make their next move at a time when we're in a more crowded place. The only big events coming up are two big shipments. One for narcotics and the other for munitions."

He finished pushing an open file towards me which contained the information regarding the incoming shipments. It didn't take long for me to figure out which one of these shipments they would try to tamper with. "They're coming for the munitions." "How do you know?"

"It's simple. Their most valuable source of money is the drugs whereas for us it's our weapons. Sokolov wouldn't want something he already has. He takes our arsenal; he leads in two spheres of the black market." Xavier had an impressed look making me smile in victory. "Now, what's your plan?"

"The shipment comes in tomorrow. Me, Alex, Sophia and the twins will be at our warehouse with back up-." "Wait." I stopped him in the middle. "What about me and Dante? Aren't we going with you?" Xavier just gave me an unimpressed look.