CHAPTER 20

"Rikipoop! "

A groan left Riki's lips, hands grabbing a pillow to cover his face as he felt something touching his cheeks.

"Hey Riki, get your ass off the bed! "

Oh God, he just wanted to sleep the day. To rest after so many days of working his ass at the studio.

Riki sighed against the pillow then snatched it down. He opened his eyes and he immediately Amber sitting beside him while smiling. Wide awake.

"What are you up to? " He asked, voice hoarse from the sleep as his eyes landed on the clock. He cursed internally.

"I'm up to walking. " The spirit answered, smiling while looking with hopeful eyes to the other.

Riki closed his eyes, lifting his hand to massage his temple. "Babe it's too early for walking. What about I continue my rest and we'll stroll down the park later when I woke up? " He said half awake as his body was begging to rest, totally oblivious by the nickname he used to the other.

Amber on the other hand who suddenly became quiet, nodded her head, cheeks turning into a shade of pink.

"Y-yes of course. " she stuttered.

And just like that, Riki continued his sleep and this time, no one disturbed him.

It was around one thirty in the afternoon when he woke up. And he swore he never felt this rested than before.

He get off the bed and walked out of the room and towards the kitchen as he's starving. He skipped dinner last night and well, he just woke up so that only means he missed breakfast. So he's planning to make himself something to eat.

But wasn't the first food you eat for the day called breakfast regardless of the time?

Riki shrugged his shoulder, chuckling at the question in his head. His eyes roamed the living room and sees it empty.

He didn't see the spirit in his room and she's not in the living room either. His brow creased as he assumed that she's probably in the kitchen.

And his guess was right since the first thing he saw was her, sitting in one of the stool, back facing him. He stood there and leaned on the doorframe for about a few minutes, just watching the spirit sitting there with a smile plastered on his lips.

"Afternoon. " He greeted, deciding to let his presence known as he walked behind the island and made himself a cereal to fill his stomach.

"Oh you're awake. " Amber spoke, voice low causing the other to glance at her.

"Yeah, I am. "

"How's your sleep? "

The ravenette eyed the spirit. "It's great. "

There is something wrong with her, Riki can tell. How her voice are so small, barely audible but he still caught it and the way she would avoid his gaze....

That is... New.

Because before, the spirit would talk nonstop, telling him stories. She would joke and tease him about how ugly he is in the morning and stuff.

And seeing her so small is so new.

And let's not forget the redness on her face—was it even normal? Is there something happening that Riki isn't aware of?

Riki set the bowl on the table across the spirit as he looked at her with worried eyes.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? "

Amber's eyes widened when Riki suddenly reached for her forehead and feel it. She immediately backed away a little and shook her head.

Since this morning, the spirit thought about everything. The way she reacts when she's with him. Everything. And that includes the way she feel towards him if that's even possible.

Amber wasn'tt sure if spirits are still allowed to have feelings because well, they're basically dead. They don't have a heart that is beating. Heck they aren't even breathing!

But the things the other is making her feel, the way how she love being around him. She even threw a fit when he unintentionally ignored her when he was busy...

The way the other is making her feel things.

Amber thought all of that since this morning and she came to the conclusion that maybe, maybe she's falling to the other.

But will she let him know about it? What if she's the only one who's feeling this things? What if it's one sided? What if he only sees her and like her as a friend and his 'moon'?

Well, there's only one way to find out. It's not that Riki can get rid of her if things didn't go accordingly. Because let's face it, she's a spirit and Riki is not. She have these abilities while he doesn't. And whether the ravenette likes it or not, it's up to the spirit if she'll stop coming to him or not.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking when are we going to walk in the park since umm you're awake? "

Riki's brow furrowed, not recalling them having a plan today to go in the park. Though, after thinking, a memory from earlier suddenly entered his mind causing him to smile.

"Oh yeah yeah, I'll just finish this and take a bath and we're ready to go. " He answered making the spirit smile.

"Okay. "