Chapter 12

trigger warning:
mentions of sexual assault (kind of)
im changing the plot of the episode a bit to write this.
—————————— • ——————————

"why me?"

A couple of days had passed since the twins had returned to Hillershka

A couple of days had passed since the twins had returned to Hillershka. It had been difficult and neither would deny it, being constantly reminded of the loss of their brother, having to smile and say thank you every time someone expressed their condolences, and feeling the sorrowful looks on the faces of their peers, it was all just plain tiring.

Isobelle spent most of her time with her brother, keeping each other company.

There were times when Frederic would join them, but the boy preferred to leave the siblings alone, knowing how difficult it must be and that the last thing Wilhelm would probably want to do would be to be a bad third of his sister.

That sunny day, after her gymnastics class, Isobelle had spent some time with Felice and Sarah in the stables. Felice had told them about her new relationship with August, which, as far as Isobelle could tell, was not exactly romantic. According to what Felice said, not even the sex was good, it turns out that the boy didn't care about any other pleasure than his own, leaving Felice frustrated and annoyed.

Isobelle didn't know what to say to her, her friend talked about it so easily.

The princess had never had anyone to talk to about love affairs and all they entailed.

She had two brothers, who weren't exactly the right people to talk to about it, and her mother was busy and they hardly talked at mealtimes.

After Felice left, Sarah and Isobelle headed for the showers since it was getting late.

She wanted to take a bath to change into a change of clean clothes, and Sarah had offered to accompany her, to which the girl had no problem.

Once they were there, Isobelle went into one of the showers, closing the curtain behind her, while her friend waited for her on one of the benches.

They were chatting vividly when someone bursted into the bathroom.

"Sarah! Hello." A voice Isobelle recognized as August's, said.

"Hi." The gurl answered politely, but then was quick to ask. "What are you doing here? This is the girls changing room."

The boy ignored her question only to ask one himself.

"Where's Felice? Do you know?"

"No, I don't. She left the stables and Isobelle and I just got here." She explained.