forty nine

chapter forty nine
"we fight"

chapter forty nine"we fight"

      LIGHT.

LYNN DIDN'T KNOW THAT the sun could ever be so bright, but here she was — seemingly opening her bright blue eyes for the first time in days, fully being able to take it all in. Cursed Derek's usual beautiful open windows.

Her eyelids fluttered a few times while trying to adjust, her pupils contracted. She squeezed them shut one more time, and then forced them as open as possible. Taking in her surroundings, she quickly realized she was now laying in Derek's loft — the last thing she remembered was Stiles' room. Had she went to the hospital? What time was it? No, what day was it? Questions swirled in and out of her mind, until she was interrupted.

"Evelynn, baby?"

Lynn tugged in the direction of her mother's voice, confusion written all over her face. She winced, not so noticeably to anyone else, but pain had flown even more heavily in her veins.

"Mom?" Lynn questioned, but her voice was hoarse, unknown to her, but it because it had been three days since she has fallen into her comatose state. "What..."

      The older werewolf instantly brought over a now opened bottle of water to her younger daughter, a few of the wet liquid trickled quite a few drops into her dry mouth. Heavy pants could be heard from Lynn, and she felt as if her head was quite literally about to explode right then and there.

"Derek," Lynn mumbled out, and then her eyes searched dramatically for the image of the man she loved, so when she came up empty, she repeated it more forcibly. "Derek."

'"Honey..." Katherine drifted, and Lynn jerked her head in the direction of her mother, and it felt like a dozen tiny little daggers were making their home in her heart. Once Katherine recognized the fear that had spread across her daughters face, she recollected. "He's okay, love, but he just needs some time."

"What happened?" Lynn questioned, and there was a bit of venom tracing her tone of voice, and she began scrambling out of Derek's quite comfortable bed, but felt void without feeling the warmth of his body.

"Evelynn," Katherine reached out, wrapping her fingertips around Lynn's arm to force the girl to come to a halt just as she swung her legs off the mattress, them meeting the cold of the wooden boards. "He needs rest right now, what he just did drained him."

"What he just did?" Lynn shouted, ripping her arm straight from the once tight grip that her mother held on her, but angry was a greater force than they both knew. "What the hell does that mean? Where is he!?"