Prologue

My memory is very foggy, I only really remember major details of that day. Or, this day? My concept of time has been muddled. My name is Ichika Midoriya, and I'm a middle school student at Aldera Junior High. I've always wanted to be a hero, to be respected by the masses and feared by evil doers. 

I wanted to be a symbol of peace, All Might's successor. Hell, I even got my chance to talk to him candidly. 

You see, I was born without a quirk, which made me a target to bullying. There was one person who seemed to take the bullying personally, my former childhood friend Katsuki Bakugo. He knew all my buttons, and how exactly to push them. God, he always would trigger me. 

But, that's besides the point. 

I remember coming into contact with some villain, a slime like villain who tried to kill me, and take over my body. I felt my consciousness slipping, until I was met face to face with my childhood hero, All Might. He destroyed the villain with his usual gusto, but I wasn't there to witness it, I went unconscious for a minute or two. By the time I woke up, he was slapping me awake. 

He gave me his autograph, and ran. Well, before he was gone, I asked him if I, a quirkless individual, could be like him; a hero. His answer was swift. No. 

I couldn't. 

Ashamed, I walked away. I looked back a second later, and he was already in the air. I didn't want to watch him fly away, I would've probably cried, knowing me. Turning back once again, I walked home. But I certainly was surprised to see Katsuki's gang of delinquents approaching me. I felt a shiver run down my spine seeing them swagger towards me, Katsuki sparking miniature explosions in his hands,

"Oi! Deku!" 

He shouted at me, approaching ever slowly. 

I tried to ignore him, and begun walking away ever so quicker. I didn't want to talk to anyone after what happened. But, I suppose I didn't walk quick enough. Katsuki grabbed my jacket and pulled me to him. I could hear my heart beat at a million kilometers per hour

"How fucking dare you, shit stain! You ignoring me?" 

He screamed at me, pointblank. He held up his hand right to my face, tiny explosions erupting from his hand.

"I-i just didn't hear you, okay? Leave me alone already, you psycho!"

He laughed; and his gang laughed with him.

"This dumb bitch- I thought you knew that when *I* talk, you listen. Do I need to teach you that lesson again?"

"N-no! Get away from me!" 

"What's wrong, Deku? Don't you wanna fight back like All Might?" 

"Just Shut up alread-" 

He proceeded to detonate an explosive right in my face. I still feel the heat emanating off my face. It's massively subdued now... but still.

"Why the fuck should I? Tell me, you bitch."

I didn't know how to react. I was frozen, honestly. He took that as a sign of me Ignoring him, so he decided to react the only way he knows how to. 

Him and his gang started beating me up. Quirkless, as to not draw anymore unwanted attention. I felt every kick, every punch, every slap that they threw at me. I think one of my bones might have been broken. I don't know, though. I don't know if there's any way to detect that without medical technology. 

After what seemed like ages, the beating was done. I remember what Katsuki said to me as he left,

"You're fucking worthless. I have more respect for the dirt under my shoes."

I remember being so weak, I couldn't say anything in response. I felt tears stream down my face, feeling helpless as I slowly lost consciousness. 

It must have been hours, but I eventually woke up, and when I did, I found myself in a cold, dark room. The air was metallic, rusty and wet; I felt as though my bones were brittle just observing my surroundings. 

It felt as though I was in an old derelict dockyard building, which would house supplies ages ago, now empty as a tomb. Upon hearing a wave of water crash against an object, I found myself correct. 

It was then when I saw a knife on what looked like a counter. It was as clean as a whistle; I wasn't not alone.

I felt a jolt run through my body, as I tried to free myself from my confinement, only to find out that I had my hands tied together, behind me. 

"Oh! You must be awake! I saw your fight with that blonde haired boy and felt obligated to help you out! I'm Toga!"