CHAPTER 22

Riki wiped his hand on his jeans before he pushed the door of the cafe, his eyes roaming around the room then landed on the man in the corner.

He immediately walked towards him and sat across the older.

"Hey Jake hyung. " The ravenette greeted causing the older to look at him from his phone. "So where's the files? " he asked seeing the table empty.

Truth be told, he's nervous. He is actually nervous like he can feel his heart rapidly beating inside his chest, and about to burst out from his ribcage.

He left the spirit at home so he could talk to Jake alone. She didn't know what he's doing and he's not planning on telling her either because, well, Riki didn't want the other to be sad and reminisce the day of her death. He didn't want her to hold grudges as she's pure and a literal angel. He didn't want to stain her hand.

Jake heaved a sigh. "Hey Riks, about that.. " he paused as he scratched the back of his head. "We are not allowed to give personal information that's why there is no files. "

Right...

Riki kinda expected that. He's not that stupid after all.

"But I can tell you some things. I can lose my job here so I hope you won't—"

"I won't tell anyone, I promise. "

The older stared at him then sighed. "Yeah of course you won't. " He then clasped his hand and placed it on the table all the while leaning his back against the backrest of the chair.

"Well, she was murdered on April 16 2018 and was announced dead at exactly 16:04 at Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu Seoul along with the other victim. But that's another story. The suspect wasn't found yet and the case wasn't announced publicly so—"

Riki's breath hitched. "A-april 16 2018? " he asked, interrupting the other. The older hummed. "H-hyung, who is the o-other victim? "

"I'm not sure since I didn't—"

"Was it a man? "

Jake hesitantly nodded his head. "Yeah, I think so. "

Riki went silent after that as he didn't know what to say. The older on the other hand received a phone call causing the man to excuse himself to answer the call, leaving the younger alone on their table.

Though not long after Jake came back only to apologize to the ravenette and told him that he needed to leave which Riki only answered with a nod.

He's..... He's not in the right mind at the moment. He suddenly felt lost after hearing the information from the older's lips.

So much emotions, mixed feelings are inside him and it's overwhelming. Suffocating even.

So still lost in his mind, Riki exited the cafe without saying anything to Sunoo who's in the counter.

Instead of walking home, the ravenette chose to take a cab this time. And soon after, he found himself entering the house.

His eyes immediately landed at the spirit who is walking down the stairs, eyes lighting up upon seeing him as a smile formed on her lips.

And Riki didn't know if the sight calmed him down or made it even worse. But one thing for sure, he wanted to breakdown right there and then.

"I've been waiting for you Rikipoop! " the spirit exclaimed, walking towards him and engulfed him in a hug.

Riki forced a smile and pursed his lips. "And why is that? " he asked, trying to sound happy despite the suffocating feeling inside him.

"I was thinking of going to your friend's cafe! You know, who knows if Yoona eonnie is there. I missed her. "