ELEVEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Nella burst into my room early the next morning, my eyes were glued to the window preparing myself for the day

Nella burst into my room early the next morning, my eyes were glued to the window preparing myself for the day. "There is no way that I'm only just finding out now that you're fighting Kassian today," she lets out suddenly.

My head turns to her slowly. "Yeah," I say simply. "I am."

"Cleo, are you crazy?" She steps closer to me, her arms folding across her chest.

"I'm not afraid," I shoot back, standing from the stool and facing her.

Her dark eyes flick between mine. "He's super powerful Cleo, he's an Alpha. He could snap you within three seconds."

I scoff at her words. "So lovely of you to have faith in me," I roll my eyes before pushing my way past her and towards my desk full of clothes. "I know what I'm doing Nella."

"Do you?" She responds. "You've never even seen him fight, you have no idea what his strength is like."

"I don't need to," I glance over my shoulder at her, my hands gripping onto a jumper. "His ego needs dropping down a notch or two."

Nella jigs on her feet, her teeth biting down onto her bottom lip as she watches me. "God Cleo," she groans out. "I wish you would just go under the radar sometimes."

I don't reply as I watch her turn and leave me alone in my room again. My lips twitch up into a successful smile as silence swarms my ears, I wanted people to doubt me. When I beat Kassian's ass, I couldn't wait for people to realise I wasn't some weak wolf, I could defeat their Alpha without fail.

My hands pull my jumper onto my body and leave my room, walking down the long corridor and down the grand stairs. Just as my foot touches the last step, Kassian emerges from the kitchen, shutting the door behind him.

Our eyes meet for a brief moment and my lips part to take a breath. He smirks towards me and I instantly narrow my eyes, he's far too cocky for his own good.

"You ready to get your ass beat?" He questions as he walks by me and towards a part of the house that I hadn't explored yet.

My feet turn instantly and follow him. "I think you're the one who is going to end up embarrassed," I bite back.

Kassian shakes his head but I couldn't see his expression. "Ballsy," he mumbles out.

Removing a set of keys from his pocket before stopping outside a door at the other end of the house. His fingers place the key into the lock and he twists the handle, looking down at his veiny arms as he opens the door.

His eyes side glance up at me as I continue to stare at him, feeling my anger bubble up inside me. If my curse was good for one thing it was producing adrenaline inside my body from all of my negative emotions, forcing me to perform better than I ever have. Yet Kassian fails to understand what damage I can really do.