╠ part 18 ╣ lighters

y/n's pov

- TW: selfharm -

(in no way, do i endorse or encourage SH !! please stay strong and my dms are always open if you ever need to talk<3)

i had just encountered with romanoff and the others. i couldn't bear to let them see me in my current state, i was shaking uncontrollably. my legs felt weak at the knees. i couldn't form any words. i rushed upstairs into the bathroom immediately slamming and locking the door after me. i looked at the mirror, taking in my reflection. blood. Blood was what coated my face. i had bruises everywhere and a swollen eye. i checked my body, my hands were stained in the blood of the men i had just killed. i smashed my fist into the mirror making it shatter, glass spitting everywhere. i looked down to my now glass splintered hand and sat down before trying to slowly remove the tiny glass shards that were impaled into my knuckles. i tried not to cry. i physically couldn't. i felt my chest tighten, maybe from the pain or just pure adrenaline. i opened the bathroom cupboard rummaging while chucking everything aside looking for my razor or knife that i could use. after a while i finally found my blade at the very back of the cupboard. i held the blade in my hand, i was staring at it for a while contemplating whether this was a good idea or not. i took one deep breath and pushed the blade into my skin, i watched tiny spots of blood drip onto the floor but it wasn't enough pain. i sliced in harder making the cuts deeper, causing my crimson blood to pour out of the gashes. it stung like fuck but it was so relieving at the same time. time passed. i had cleaned myself up and put on a clean hoodie and some new joggers. i noticed the girls had left a while ago so i just headed to my bedroom..i couldn't sleep so i just lay there replaying the actions that took place earlier today. tomorrow i had to go to work with the avengers i don't know what i would do because i don't want them seeing me like this, i can't be seen as weak or vulnerable. i eventually drifted off to sleep around 4:40 am.

it was morning i was awakened by the ringing of my alarm. i pulled myself out of bed, stripped off my clothes and hopped into the shower. the hot water touched my skin, dripping into my fresh scars. the painful yet relaxing sensation lasting the whole time. afterwards i dried myself and put on a fresh pair of black cargo shorts, a hoodie and some sneakers and headed to the tower. i knew we didn't have any missions today so i decided, why not bring my dogs with me? i grabbed my phone and started to call my friend.

"hey quinn" i said.

"whats happening y/n/n!" he answered.

"nothing really, you?"

"mostly just sales, you know"

"i was actually just wondering if you still have that land rover for sale?" i asked.

"of course i do, i kept that motherfucker aside for you"

"that shit means a lot, thanks bro, how much is it?"

"840k" he replies

"fuck it. deal, i'll buy it"

"fir real?!" he sounded shocked.

"yeah it's a decent price"

"fuck yeah- i'll see you later"

"of course man, ciao" i said before hanging up.

i got on my motorbike and went a route that was safe enough for xena and aries to follow along side me. once we got to the garage, we said our hellos and i paid for the car. fuck me was it was big as fuck. it was the biggest thing i've ever seen. it was spacious and comfortable inside. i mainly bought it for the dogs as my other cars are sports cars and can't hold more than 1 or two dogs at a time.

(this is a rough idea of the car)

(the interior)

"xena, aries, up!" i commanded pointing at the boot of the car

"xena, aries, up!" i commanded pointing at the boot of the car. i know it's open air but i have safety harnesses so it should be alright. As they jumped into the boot I praised them and tied them up. I got into the drivers seat
"damn this shit is high up" i thought. i turned on the engine, directed the satellite navigation to stark towers and drove off.

natasha's pov

maria had a couple of days off of work so she came over to the compound to hang out with us. maria, bucky, thor, wanda, pietro, sam and i were on the couch playing games.

"okay truth or dare" i ask Bucky.

"truth" he answers as the rest of us groan as bucky is too much of a pussy to pick dare

"do you like anyone? if so who" i said smirking.

"i don't like anyone"

"lies!" "oh cmon" "bucky there's gotta be someone" "please tell us" we all begged.

"no! anyway it's my turn now. truth or dar-" buck gets interrupted by jarvis.

"sir, white wolf has entered the building" he stated. i whispered to maria and wanda who were sitting on either side of me,

"do you think she's ok?" i ask.

maria says, "i don't know, i hope so"

"she seemed tense last night" wanda answers as we nodded our heads in agreement.

"what are we nodding at?" thor asked.

"none of your business" i chuckle. everyone's eyes look at y/n who just entered the room with two of her alsatians.

"lady white wolf! good to have you back" thor greets.

she just weakly smiles "thanks goldilocks" i watch as she looks in the kitchen for something.

"do you guys have any lighters or matches?" she asks. she was probably wanted them to smoke so i started to say,

"no we don-"

"yea lady white wolf, there are some in the 3rd drawer down" thor butts in. i just give him a 'seriously' look and he just shrugs it off, clueless.

"why do you need them?" wanda asks.

"cigarettes" she answers. i'm actually quite surprised she told us the real reason and not some excuse

"smoking is not good for you" i say. she rolls her eyes at my words and walks outside, her two fur companions following closely behind her.