Prologue | After The Paramount War

After The Paramount War Luffy was taken by Trafalgar Law to have his injuries treated inside their submarine while on the way to amazon lily. Finally they arrived at amazon lily although the heart pirates were not allowed in due to being men so they would have to treat Luffy on the border of the island. Meanwhile Luffy while unconscious has the events of the war playback throughout his mind; "Could you tell them what I'm about to say now? Pops, Everybody, and you Luffy. Thank you.....for loving someone like me who is good for nothing......and who has such bad blood in his veins......up to today. Thank you!" Luffy wakes up breaking all the equipment in the room and runs to the island screaming, "WHERE'S ACE". Then Luffy proceeds to run into the forest with Jimbei following soon in pursuit.

*After Jimbei finds Luffy in the forest and throws him against the rocks*

"Can't you see things clearly now?! You believed that you could overcome anything! And you've never doubted your strength! But all those formidable enemies took away your confidence! And your brother was your guide on the sea! I know that you have lost a lot! And the toughest enemies in the world blocked your way time after time! You'll never find your way like this! Because you've lost yourself in regret and guilt! I know it's painful now, Luffy, but you have to bottle up those feelings! Don't just think about the ones you've lost! You can't get back what you've lost! What is it that you still have?!" Luffy stops and thinks about all his friends who joined his crew and that have been sailing together with him. He thinks about all of them especially his navigator and her beautiful smile. "I still have...I still have my friends! Zoro! Nami! Usopp! Sanji! Chopper! Robin! Franky! Brook! They are my friends. Jimbei hearing this thought back to what ace once said. "Luffy wasn't the kid who used to follow me around anymore. He had such reliable friends. That's why I felt relived." Luffy with his new resolve decided to head back to the sunny to meet up with his friends. Although Silvers Rayleigh arrived and stopped him and came up with a different idea instead. A secret message to the straw hats to not come to sabaody in three days but instead two years so they could train and sharpen their own skills. And with that they started heading to marineford to deliver the message so the rest of the straw hats could know. I'm sorry Nami and everyone else we'll have to wait awhile to see each other again, Luffy says with a smile.

 *Meanwhile all the straw hats receive the news of ace's death*

"Ace died?!" Nami thought to herself. "Luffy must be going through a really hard time, I can't waste my time here learning about weather I have to go help him!" And so Nami finding out the news tried to escape but due to not being able to operate weatheria vehicles she failed and going back down to the sea and was put in jail although she escaped due to her acting. "Luffy! I know that you're okay! I'm sorry! You've always supported us! It's our chance to return the favor!" Nami thinks to herself. "Oh, young girl, you haven't stopped pretending to cry." The old man says. Nami slightly blushing in embarrassment, "Shut up!"

*Luffy, Jimbei, and Rayleigh finally arrive at marineford and send the message*

"I see. Honestly! He's not thinking about how we feel!...How I feel". As Nami says that last part quietly while slightly blushing. "How selfish"!

*Luffy getting ready to start his training on Rusukaina*

"I'm going to get stronger so I can protect everyone." Luffy then goes to put his straw hat down on a rock. "Until then wait for me everybody." Luffy thinks back to Nami and everyone else and smiles at the thought of his beautiful navigator he didn't even know why he was smiling he just help it at the thought of her. Meanwhile on weatheria, Nami was planning and how to better her navigation skills for the New World."I swear Luffy I'll improve my navigation skills while I'm here and help guide you through the new world and to your dream to become the pirate king." Nami thought to herself. "Oh young lady are you sick your cheeks are very red." Nami taken out of her thoughts by his comment. "Shut up!" Nami said while hitting the old man.