18| 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝑰𝒔 𝑨 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝑶𝒏 𝑬𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒀𝒐𝒖

2nd May, 2028

Kaitlyn's POV

I wake up to the incessant buzzing of my phone on the nightstand. It's safe to say we stayed up quite late last night because I can barely keep my eyes open or feel my legs right now. I pick up the phone and see all of the Scooby Gang sending birthday texts to me on our group chat. I smile sleepily as I reply to the texts.

As I go to put my phone away, I feel Nik's arms wrapping tighter around me and he nuzzles his face into my neck

"Good Morning, love," he says in a hoarse tone as he places small kisses along my jaw and neck.

"Good Morning, wolfie," I say as I turn to face him with a smile. His smile widens as he notices the nickname I used to use on him all the time earlier.

He props up on his elbow and looks down at me as I play with his curls that rest so perfectly on his morning face, "you know, I could get used to this. Going to bed with you by my side and waking up to see you," he says.

I smile softly at him, "you're so adorable," I say, knowing he never liked it when I called him adorable. 'I'm a thousand year old deadly hybrid, love. I'm not adorable,' he'd always say.

"I'm not adorable," he says with a frown.

"Yes you are," I tease him.

He gets up and puts both his hands on two sides of me, caging me in between his arms, "take it back," he says, trying to sound threatening but his smile gives it away.

"What will you do if I don't take it back?" I go on with the teasing.

"I'll make you pay for it," he says with a smirk and I hum in response.

"I don't mind," I say as he raises his brow at me.

"Oh really?" he asks as he leans down so our lips are now centimeters apart.

"Yes really," I say as I put my arms around his neck and prop up to connect our lips. He doesn't waste a second before kissing me back with the same love and desperation our kisses had last night as well.

He slowly trails off to kiss my nose, my cheek, my ears, my jaw, chin and neck. While kissing my neck, he looks up at me for a second and frowns, "it's no fun that you heal so quick now," he complains yet again. He's always liked to leave hickeys on me that left scars for quite a long time back when I was human. Ever since last night, he's been complaining about how quickly my neck heals now.

I just hum in response as he goes back to kissing me and I play with the hair at the back of his neck.