Ch-1

" My whole life has been spoiled in meeting you in the first place! "

" Oh really!! Shouldn't I be the one to say that!?"

" You and that bit*h!! Just make this life so f*cking disgusting!"

" Candes! She's your daughter too! She's not my only responsibility! And what's the problem with her!? It's more like you just can't tolerate her!"

" Yes I can't!!! I really can't.. that disgusting look and that smile..... Haven't you just looked at that silly face of hers!? She just pretends to be innocent but she's not! She's a .."
" One more word about her and I'll forget who you are!"

" Oh! Now you'll raise a hand on me for that silly bitch!?"
"Candes!!"

"Wh- what!? Ha- How dare you hit me!!"

" Do you even know that I can just call my dad and make you pay for it all!"

" I don't care about repeating what I just did"

"You!!!..."

"D....da...dad.."

"Maria! " " Maria!! Are you okay??? Why did u get down the stairs...you should've called me !"

"Uh... ahh...."
" Is it paining..?" " How did you fell down? "

" Huh! She shouldve died! Atleast I would be getting rid of waste then!"

"Candes!! Atleast not in front of her ...please.. I beg you!"

"Ah! I'm just tired of this shit going! "
And with this she stomps her way to her room and bangs the door behind her.
This has been a normal routine now, Maria seeing her father, David and Candes, her step mom fighting and quarelling.

"....."
" I'm sorry my daughter.. I thought after your mom's death I'd bring you a nice and caring women who can make you feel better and recover you from the loss. But my choice was a terrible one. She's just making things hard for you.. "

" I- I really don't know how to solve the mess I've made.. sorry my dear..I'm being a bad father."

" No .. no daddy.. please don't think like that..  I know how much you care for me and that's why you married her even tho you didn't want to"
" I also know that mom is tired with me.. I can't please her.."

" You're really mature at such an early age... You're just 10 but you sound way more older. All the things are hurting you a bit too much to make you behave like this.. But don't worry my dear, dad will find a way out of this hell, ok?"

" I know dad.. I love you a lot"
" I love you too my sweetheart!"

" Now let's see where you got hurt.. I need to put some medicine then"
" No dad I'm fine..I didn't get hurt"
" You're sure?"
" Yes dad!"

'Her smile even doesn't fail to show at this moment. But somewhere I know it's breaking her heart into pieces.. she has really grown up..'

"Ok then- but please take care of yourself ok?"
" I'll come to your room soon after I finish my important works"

And with a smile she walks away to her room upstairs.

The words of her step mom still play on her head..

' she should've died!' ' atleast then I could've got rid of waste!'
"Ahh!!!" She lets out a scream, her hands and legs shaking in panic and shock...

No matter what.. Maria is still a kid. And all these negetivity is too much to absorb for her soft and innocent heart.

She presses her hands over her ears trying to block the sound. But the sounds still keep echoing in her head.
Her eyes are shut close with fear..

Tears start trickling down her soft cheeks.. her body trembling..

' mumma....where are you...?'
' I'm alone mumma...nobody takes care of me like you did.. I miss you....please come back....'

She takes her mom's picture from beside her bed and hugs it tight..
Her tears now gushing down like a stream ...

Tears don't seem to hold themselves anymore.. her sobbing painful enough to knock any human heart..
Her eyes slowly close as the night goes darker, and her painful sob of some hours soon ends when she falls asleep exhausted...

The next Sun shines and lits the room of the little girl and wishes her a good morning.. because except that there's no one in house who can actually give her a morning wish..

David leaves for work before Maria wakes up and ofcourse her mother would be occupied with clubs, parties and drinks since midnight.
.....
Last night was a terrible one..
And Maria fell asleep unknowingly after crying. Still holding her beloved mother's picture tight in her hands; wrapped in a hug close to her chest.

Even tho it's a sad thing.. there was still an innocent and childish smile on her face..
Maybe she dreamt of her mother...because that was the only thing which could ever produce such a pleasing smile on this poor girl's face.. unfortunately......

And her peaceful sleep and happy dream gets interrupted with the alarm ringing loud.

She hated stepping into reality. Seeing her mom's photo made her realise that actually she's still alone.. a small tear swells up in her eyes.. but she's quick enough to wipe it..
She switches odd the alarm and the room once again gets filled with silence..

"Good morning mumma"
"Today is Monday..I need to get ready for school again.. I don't want to tho.. the teachers are nice to me bcs I study well..but I have no friends.... Ahh!!! I forgot! I do have some tho...!"
"There's a small apple tree ..you know mumma..I planted it,and I talk to her everyday. She's my best friend mom. Her name is Ally!I wish I could introduce you to her...
Anyways mom! I should get going.. I'll see you later"

"Love you mumma" She places the photo carefully again on her desk after giving it a faint kiss..

And with that she leaves to get ready for school

If there's any epitome of positivity, it's definitely her, even tho all the toxicity in her house she's still hopeful that things would go well finally....

But what our future beholds isn't unleashed.....

_To be continued..