Chapter 13

"I love you"

Isobelle was lying on her bed next to Frederic, he had her back against the wall while the girl was between his legs with her back against his chest

They both had a book in hand, each immersed in their reading, simply enjoying the silence and calm after the events of earlier in the day.

Isobelle was much calmer, and although she still felt disgusted and somewhat angry, Frederic had helped her a lot with his company and words of comfort.

She had insisted that there was no need to tell anyone about what had happened, she did not want to cause a scandal, as her family had suffered enough. Frederic was not exactly happy with her decision, as it was unacceptable to him that August would not pay the consequences, but he respected the girl's way of thinking.

Frederic left a kiss on the girl's head as he sat up, he had realised that it was already late, and it wouldn't be a good idea to get caught leaving his girlfriend's room at that hour.

"I have to go." He told her in a hushed tone, to which she groaned.

"Can't you just stay for a bit more?" She tried to convince him.

"I don't think it's a good idea for me to be wandering around at midnight." Frederic explained as he pecked her lips.

"Then you can leave in the morning." Isobelle suggested as she crawled over to his lap. "It's not like Lina is going to snitch on us."

Lina was the woman that the queen had assigned to look after the girl.

"Oh I'm sure she won't." He said as he leaned in for a kiss, which Isobelle responded gladly.

Not long after, the kiss turned more passionate and heated.

Isobelle found peace in the boy, and every time their lips met it was as if nothing else existed, as if it was just the two of them.

She didn't want that feeling to ever stop, so seeking more closeness, she pressed herself closer to him, causing a soft growl to escape his lips.

"Belle." He said in between kisses. "Um, let's just stop for a minute." He suggested, leaving the girl confused.

"Why?"

"I- um... I don't want to get too excited and make you feel uncomfortable." Frederic explained while he caressed her cheek.

"You could never make me feel uncomfortable." She assured him.

"I know it's just that well..." He couldn't find the words to explain what he felt.

Isobelle noticed his nervousness and kissed him again, trying to get him to relax. She didn't know where she got the nerves to start kissing his neck while squeezed her hips, closing his eyes and shaky breath escaping from his lips.

"Belle..." He muttered.

"I want to." She spoke decided, leaving him stunned.

"Are you sure? I mean-"

"I am a hundred percent sure." Isobelle said. "I love you, and I couldn't imagine this happening with anyone else."

Frederic's smile widened immediately when he heard those three words.

"Say it again."

The girl grinned, knowing what he meant immediately.

"I love you."

And that was enough for the boy's heart to melt, he kissed her passionately as he pushed her down in the bed, crawling on top of her.

"I love you too."

And with that they sealed the pact of love they had made from the first moment their lips touched.

At that moment nothing else mattered, everything else could wait.

In that moment they showed each other how much they loved each other with every touch, every sigh, every murmur, they melted into one.

—————————— • ——————————

a/n: very short chapter, i know, but i've been really busy lately and couldn't find time to write, but hopefully i will be able to update more often!

<3