19| 𝒀𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝑻𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓

4th May, 2021

Kaitlyn's POV

I was currently stacking my suitcase with my clothes. It has been two days since the birthday party and the kids are grounded. I'm leaving Caroline and Alaric in charge of making sure the kids don't mess up while I'm gone for the week. Freya and Hope are staying at our place too, so they didn't get lonely at the Mikaelson mansion alone.

"Bee, you done yet?" I hear Ric's voice ring through the house.

"Yeah, just a second," I yell back as I put the last dress inside the suitcase and zip it up.

As I drag the suitcase downstairs, I hear chatter from the kitchen so I leave the suitcase by the main door and walk back to the kitchen.

"Good morning, mom," Josie greets and I hum in response.

"Seriously Lyn, you're going to Paris! Try to look a little enthusiastic," Caroline states as she places a coffee mug before me.

"Yeah, if my boyfriend was taking me to Paris for a trip, you wouldn't hear me shut up about it," Lizzie chimes in and Alaric narrows his eyes at her.

"What boyfriend?" he asks at the same time as Ryan asks, "since when do you have a boyfriend?"

Josie, Caroline and I chuckle at their protective behaviours while Lizzie rolls her eyes.

"I don't have one, thanks to you both. It was a hypothetical situation," he hisses at them and Alaric looks relieved.

"Oh like your own personality has nothing to do with it," Ryan jokes as Caroline smacks the back of his head.

"Don't be rude. I know how tough it is to be a cool and well-managed blonde," she says and Ryan rolls his eyes.

Just then, the doorbell rings and we hear the front door open.

"Why bother ringing the doorbell if you're just going to waltz into the house?" I ask sarcastically as I see Nik walk in, followed by Hope and Freya.

"To announce our arrival, of course," he says as he takes a seat next to me and I immediately get up to go and greet Hope and Freya.

"We should get going now," Nik says as I break away from the hug with Hope.

"Well, you're the one sitting and chatting right now so," I trail off as gets up from his seat and holds out his hand for me to take.

I roll my eyes at him and turn to the kids, "you kids better be on your best behavior while I'm gone," and then I turn to the adults, "and you three better report everything to me," I say to them with a stern tone.

"Yes ma'am," Alaric mock-salutes me and the others laugh.

"Seriously mom, we'll be fine. You guys enjoy the trip," Lizzie says and the other three nod.

"Fine, let's go," I say as I turn to Nik. He then grabs my suitcase from the doorway and puts it in the cab's trunk as we get into the car and drive off to the airport.

As we drive, Rebekah texts the Mikaelson group chat.