~TWENTY-NINE~

“We all have to do our part, because we are all in this together and it matters.” – Hilary Clinton

Dedicated to Rihanna_Adedeji her book, Perfectly Imperfect, which is now finally completed was and is still a life changing book. She's also been a wonderful source of inspiration to me!!!!😌😌😌😊😊😊😊😊

                                       BOLU

When I figured the assembly was over and students would be in the hallway cruising before the first period, I decided to come out of the class and blend with them too.

"Boluwaji Jayeola!"

I heard my name from someone's mouth and I knew it was none other than Nina. She rushed towards me and crashed me in her infamous, engulfing hugs and as usual, I almost fainted.

"We missed you on the Assembly," She said after pulling away. "What happened?"

I shrugged. "Just felt like skipping assembly today."

"Hey Bolu," Ayo said and waved at me. He stood behind Nina.

I reached out for a fist pump and he obliged.

As far as I knew Ayo, he was pretty cool and good boyfriend to my best friend. They were pretty much my OTP. And I think I've mentioned that a million times.

"Where are the others..." I barely finished my sentence when a deep voiced scream resonated in the hallway. It was Fred and he caught everyone's attention.

Why on earth...

"Sorry people," he said and my classmates either hissed, rolled their eyes or burst out laughing then returned to their business.

He skipped towards me and scream-shouted again.

"Why are you screaming?" I asked, giving him a  look.

"I'm screaming 'cause girlll, have you seen how beautiful you look today? I mean you are always beautiful but mehn, have you seen you hair?"

"Oh." I resisted the urge to blush.

They noticed Ore's work.

"You seriously should stop hanging out with MJ too much, he's already affecting you negatively. Like seriously, I can't speak to Fred without him yelling on the other end of the line...geez," Ninuola said as she walked towards us, looking all annoyed.

"Welcome to my world," Ayo said and spread his arms out, grinning.

Ninu groaned and said, "No, thank you."

We all laughed.

"But seriously though, your hair is fab, who styled it for you, 'cause I sabi say you no fit pack am like this," Nina said batting her eyelashes at me.

"Oh, so you think I can't pack my hair like this abi?" I feigned hurt. "You just broke my heart."

"I love you b, but I won't lie to you, I know you can't ever pack your hair like this." She shook her head and tsked.

"Seconded, bruh," Ninu said nodding.

"Thirded," Fred added, nodding too.

I glared at them. "Such good friends, you are."

Ayo laughed.

"Where's Joy?" I asked suddenly because I wanted to change the topic (I wasn't exactly keen on mentioning the fact that Ore had styled my hair) and also because she wasn't with us.