Prologue

During my first week in Neverland, I was already close with everyone. There weren't much people around, in fact, there were only less than twenty of us here. Seventeen, to be exact, and that was counting me and the seven boys. There were only nine others.

I was sitting with the Thai boy in the house, watching as he made beats with his fingers and started rapping again in his mother tongue. A rap that I have heard for so many times already but never got bored of.

"I hope you're not getting bored of me and my rapping," he apologized. "I just really do love rapping,"
"I don't mind," I told him, smiling. "I like hearing you rap. It sounds nice, to be honest,"

He flashed me a sweet smile and got up, brushing off his black pants and held out a hand for me to take. I took it and he pulled me up, leading me out of the house and to the beach, where we spent most of our time together if we weren't in the house.

"It hasn't been long since you arrived, Jiyeon," he started softly. "But why does it seem like you've been here for years?"
"I don't know with you," I shrugged. His hand covered my own, his fingers lacing through mine, holding it and squeezing it gently.
"But I'm glad you came. I haven't felt this comfortable around a girl in years," he admitted.

Remember. This was only the first week. Time quickly passed.

We became friends fast, faster than anyone could have imagined. At the end of my first day, we were already friends. At the end of the month, we were best friends. At the end of three months, we were practically inseparable. Right until the moment we parted.

He had been my first friend here. That was one thing, and it was another to say I had completely fallen for him already. At the end of the day we met, I knew I felt something for him already. I never told anyone about it. I just kept it to myself, not wanting others to know.

Love at first sight, as they say...

Not falling in love in Neverland wasn't a rule. It was allowed, but it said that if we did fall in love, we'd have to face the consequences of our decision making.

That damned decision making that I had already grown to hate by my second week. I fell in love with him, and eventually, I'd have to choose. My family, or him. My friends, or the seven boys I'd become so fond of. My life on earth, or my true love in Neverland.

"Hey, Jackson," I sat down next to him at the table, where he was writing down something on a piece of stationary.
"Yes?" he looked at me, pausing.
"How long have you been here?"
"Me? Uh... A year and a half. Why?"

I didn't answer him and just thanked him, getting up and leaving him there. I asked around. Mark Tuan, the Taiwanese boy from Los Angeles, said he'd been there for two years. Choi Youngjae had been there for a mere seven months. Kim Yugyeom had been there for almost two years, but was still under eighteen so he couldn't leave yet. Im Jaebum and Park Jinyoung both had been there for three years.

And BamBam, my prince, had been there for almost four years already, the longest out of anyone. Out of everyone here, he was the one who knew Neverland the best, the one who knew every secret, every possible hiding place, every wonder. Most were known but there were a mere few that they didn't. But of course, his six friends also know. They told each other everything.

He made me swear not to tell anyone who still didn't know. It was their and our secret place. The place where we always went whenever we wanted some time to ourselves.

It was a beautiful place, a small hidden piece of land where tons of pretty flowers grew. Almost any flower you could imagine, and it was there. Roses, sunflowers, lilacs, lilies, daisies, chrysanthemums, hibiscuses, just about anything.