54. You call that fine?!?

I hear beeping and try to open my eyes but can only open one. The other one is stuck. I know I am in a hospital bed. The sounds, the smell, the lighting are so familiar now. I am here way too often.

Something in my mouth is bothering me. I also can't swallow. My throat is soar.

"Nurse!! She's awake!" Hawks? He comes close to the bed and strokes my hair. "Hey beautiful. You're safe. I'm here."

I have so many questions and become agitated.

My last memory is of hearing Bakugou was not breathing and I feel tears coming to my eye. I need to know. I grab his jacket panicked and pull him abruptly.

"Sshhh. Mikki calm down. You're safe. The nurse will come in a minute."

As if on cue, she arrives with a doctor and they talk to me, trying to explain what happened but I'm not focused, I need to know about Bakugou.

Broken bones, collapsed lungs, bruises, spine damage. Spine damage? I try to move my feet... I can't... I can't move my feet and stare at Hawks frightened. That damn thing still stuck in my mouth. I try to speak.

"Okay, we will take the tubes out but you need to calm down."

Don't fucking tell me to calm down! My boyfriend is maybe dead and I'm fucking paralysed!

"Mikki, you need to calm down." Hawks says stroking my forehead with a kind stare. I can't resist this man and his soothing voice and calm down.

The doctor gets closer, pulls the tube out and I cough for a while as the nurse gives me a straw to drink. Man it hurts.

I know I cannot speak but I whisper.

"Bakugou?" Please Hawks... tell me he's okay. Please tell me. I can't contain my tears and the pain I already feel in my throat gets worse.

"He's unconscious."

"Alive." I chuckle while crying as he cradles me in his arms.

"He's alive. He's alive." I hold onto his arms and squeeze with my healthy hand, the other one stuck in a cast hanging above my bed.

"What's wrong with him?" I whisper to the doctor as Hawks releases his embrace.

"Collapsed lungs, one broken leg and femur in twelve places, bruises and contusions, broken collarbone and ribs and he sustained a very severe concussion. There was damage to the crane and fluid so he needed to have surgery.

"Is he gonna be okay?"

"He's now out of danger. We just need him to wake up."

"When?"

"Hard to tell but for similar injuries, we would expect him to wake up in the next few hours."

"How long have I been out?"

"About thirty six hours. You also had surgery and Recovery Girl came."

I feel reassured now. He's gonna wake up. I know it. He's a fighter. I... please wake up. I feel the tears falling from my eye.

"What about my spine?" I ask the doctor.

"You may need surgery again. We've done what we can for now but there is still some swelling putting pressure on your spine. Medication will help and physio. Again we need time to see how you are recovering from that."

"My eye?"

"No damage to the eye itself, your cheekbone and eyebrow broke so it's bruised and swollen. That hit probably knocked you out."